Add shock sensor to factory alarm

I also just installed the addashocksensor.com and it seems to be working after a couple tests. Still need to dial in sensitivity. Hardest part was opening the wire loom and stripping the two wires.
Agreed completely. It’s always a little scary to splice into the factory harness! The wire loom packs those wires in very tightly but with a little massaging it’s easy enough to find the wires identified in the addshocksensor install videos.

Like others have posted, I cut away a little bit of insulation from the required wires, wrapped the shock sensor wire around the exposed wires and then soldered the pair together. The wrapped it with electrical tape and, finally, wrapped the wire loom back up with black hockey tape.

The hockey tape fabric was a close facsimile to the factory fabric tape covering the loom so the installation is almost invisible. Most importantly, the sensor works great and is plenty sensitive enough to cover the whole vehicle.

I initially had the sensitivity cranked to it’s max and have been gradually reducing sensitivit’s to a more reasonable setting. Even a loud exhaust will trigger this setup with the sensitive set to the max.

Guys I have a brand new shock sensor that I decided not to use if anybody is interested I saw for $130 including shipping

Can anyone tell me if opening the tailgate will disarm the factory alarm? I want to be able to access the bed of my otherwise locked truck without tripping the shock sensor.

Does anyone have an installation video they can share?
I went to the website and looked for the install instructions. It said they give you a You Tube link for your specific vehicle once you buy the sensor.

With the nice weather we had in southern Ontario yesterday, I finally got around to installing my shock sensor from addshocksensor.com. Despite some trepidation to cutting into the fabric tape around the wiring bundle, I was able to isolate the wires required as shown in the videos provided by the addshocksensor.com team.

Rather than just wrap the wires around the factory wires, I soldered them up to ensure a permanent electrical and mechanical connection. To tidy up the whole installation, I rewrapped the wiring bundle with black hockey tape. This closely matched the black fabric tape and the install is nearly invisible as a result.

The sensor works perfectly and I feel better knowing that I’ve made theft just a little bit harder. Currently using the IGLA alarm to inhibit vehicle start without a custom button sequence, an old-school Club as a visual deterrent, and the shock sensor for advance warning.

Hopefully this layered approach will mean this truck won’t wind up like my last Ram: Stolen from my driveway in a nice neighbourhood!
Hey maybe this is a dumb question, but the add a shock also protects against tilt right? You don’t need a separate sensor? I’m assuming if it’s sensitive enough for loud exhausts and lawn mowers, it’s enough for that too…

In addition to blown windows, I’m also trying to keep my truck from being flat bedded or towed if I get really unlucky with who tries to steal it.

Hey maybe this is a dumb question, but the add a shock also protects against tilt right? You don’t need a separate sensor? I’m assuming if it’s sensitive enough for loud exhausts and lawn mowers, it’s enough for that too…

In addition to blown windows, I’m also trying to keep my truck from being flat bedded or towed if I get really unlucky with who tries to steal it.
You need a separate sensor for tilt. I added one to mine pretty easily.

Can anyone tell me if opening the tailgate will disarm the factory alarm? I want to be able to access the bed of my otherwise locked truck without tripping the shock sensor.
Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone confirm this?
I don't have mine yet, so this is possibly a very dumb question..... In my current Ram the tailgate locks and unlocks with the doors. Is this not the case with the TRX ?

I don't have mine yet, so this is possibly a very dumb question..... In my current Ram the tailgate locks and unlocks with the doors. Is this not the case with the TRX ?
I believe that it does. The question is if I walk up to a locked truck and then open only the tailgate and climb into the bed will the shock sensor trip the alarm. OR will unlocking the tailgate deactivate the factory alarm.

I believe that it does. The question is if I walk up to a locked truck and then open only the tailgate and climb into the bed will the shock sensor trip the alarm. OR will unlocking the tailgate deactivate the factory alarm.
My question was to lead to the point that in order to unlock the tailgate (so you can open it), you have to unlock the doors as well since they unlock together. I would hope unlocking the doors would deactivate it.

So how could you open a tailgate on a locked truck?

But maybe I'm seeing it incorrectly

My question was to lead to the point that in order to unlock the tailgate (so you can open it), you have to unlock the doors as well since they unlock together. I would hope unlocking the doors would deactivate it.

I do not have a TRX or an other modern MOPAR vehicle, but with my Chevy SS that has passive keyless entry, I can walk up and open the trunk without the doors unlocking.

I do not want to have to walk to a door and open it to disable the alarm/shock sensor before accessing the bed. I want the passive entry button on the tailgate to deactivate the full alarm system. It all comes down to if they designed the tailgate be “door” or if it is just a lock. The fact that the truck does not come with a shock sensor means that FCA could have programmed the tailgate to unlock independently of the alarm being active.

Anyone with a shock sensor should be able to answer this pretty easily. If you come out of Home Depot and open just your tailgate and throw some heavy stuff in the bed, does the alarm go off?

I do not have a TRX or an other modern MOPAR vehicle, but with my Chevy SS that has passive keyless entry, I can walk up and open the trunk without the doors unlocking.

I do not want to have to walk to a door and open it to disable the alarm/shock sensor before accessing the bed. I want the passive entry button on the tailgate to deactivate the full alarm system. It all comes down to if they designed the tailgate be “door” or if it is just a lock. The fact that the truck does not come with a shock sensor means that FCA could have programmed the tailgate to unlock independently of the alarm being active.

Anyone with a shock sensor should be able to answer this pretty easily. If you come out of Home Depot and open just your tailgate and throw some heavy stuff in the bed, does the alarm go off?

That's where I guess I was not comprehending. My passive entry Ram does not have passive entry tailgate.
So the only way to open the tailgate is to unlock to doors.

That's where I guess I was not comprehending. My passive entry Ram does not have passive entry tailgate.
So the only way to open the tailgate is to unlock to doors.
OOOHHH… that makes sense. What year is your truck?

You can open the tailgate using the “handle” without unlocking the doors as long as you have the key fob close.

So how could you open a tailgate on a locked truck?

The tailgate functions just like a door. It locks and unlocks with the remote, and if you have passive entry, it locks with the lock button on the driver's door handle, and unlocks when you grab the handle, provided the fob is within range.

But does it enable/disable the alarm?

Back