OP
tripleB

tripleB

TRX Maniac
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
🦖
I suspect these were 2021 orders, converted to 2022's. I know a lot of Canadians had that happen (not sure about Puerto Ricans and Mexicans). Assuming that's the case, it's nice to see that those poor people are getting high priority.
If they were indeed 2021's that got cancelled and rescheduled as 2022's then I would say these trucks were at the very bottom of the priority.

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
2012 Supercharged Challenger R/T+ / 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Current Ride #2
2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide
How long does it take to build a truck?

I think it's within two days / 48 hours -- or basically from build sheet to window sticker. ( assuming no issues during building )

OP
tripleB

tripleB

TRX Maniac
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
🦖
If history is repeated, there is no rhyme or reason in Ram sequencing vin numbers. Good luck.
I anticipated all the 2022 members going through the same needle in a haystack hunt we had a year ago trying to make sense of it and then come to terms with the fact that there really is no pattern to be found. At least not from the information we have available to us anyway.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
I think a computer just pulls random VIN’s and that’s what gets built.
From talking to some people in the know, they build based off a variety of factors train schedule, parts availability, paint, and spread out builds based on dealers allocations. They won't build 5 TRX's for the same dealer and leave the other ones without anything. They'll spread them out based on a variety of factors.

And majority of the front office of SHAP are from Canada. They'll build Canada heavy initially just like they did last year when everyone was pissed so many was going to Canada first. Most likely those Mexico & Puerto Rico trucks are 21's converted over to a 22.

Hell_TRX21

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 charger scatpack
Military
No
From talking to some people in the know, they build based off a variety of factors train schedule, parts availability, paint, and spread out builds based on dealers allocations. They won't build 5 TRX's for the same dealer and leave the other ones without anything. They'll spread them out based on a variety of factors.

And majority of the front office of SHAP are from Canada. They'll build Canada heavy initially just like they did last year when everyone was pissed so many was going to Canada first. Most likely those Mexico & Puerto Rico trucks are 21's converted over to a 22.
Sounds logical. But computer generated lottery sounds good to. 😂

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle

Bubba

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Rebel
Military
Submariner
Dumb F%^$ing system without tracking sounds better...
You’d think when you order a vehicle worth more than let’s say 50k they would be able to have some decent online tracking. I mean my 3$ ass paper ordered from Amazon can get tracked down to the van in my neighborhood.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
You’d think when you order a vehicle worth more than let’s say 50k they would be able to have some decent online tracking. I mean my 3$ ass paper ordered from Amazon can get tracked down to the van in my neighborhood.
Yeah not like they can't just give you a page that tells you your status code and send you a text or email whenever your build changes status codes...

Wscott002

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Scott
Current Ride
Ram 2500 Cummins, Grand Cherokee Limited X, Harley CVO Street Glide
Military
NAVY
The full 2022 TRX is in process right now and just as @KnightMare stated earlier, I have already seen a handful of VINs run across the screen.

To help explain the different scans I am currently running.

First scan of the day is for the remainder of the issued 2021 TRX's and all member submitted 2022's
(Morning Post) * I ran this one a second time this morning just to confirm it was 0 trucks

Second scan is for all remaining 2022 TRX's (non member trucks) to get total output.

Third scan is for ALL 2022 SHAP output
This one takes FOREVER (currently averaging 8+ hrs) because it is still using my original scanner that was written to gather a couple thousand VINs in the very beginning. I have a much more efficient scanner written now that will eventually make this scan but even when I created it, the intention was to use it for TRX's specifically so it needs to be adjusted to process the list gathered in the Fifth scan below but ideally I need the 2021's to be closer to being finished.

Fourth scan is for window stickers in the evening for any truck that has already received a build sheet found during the first, second or third scan
(Nightly post)

Fifth scan is for any newly issued 2022 VIN's for the day. (This creates the list used for scans 2 & 3)

I only mention this here to help explain why I can post in the morning that there are NO trucks but then later in the day update the post stating there are new builds. The first post will cover all member trucks and gets the important numbers out there early. Any update after that is just to help show total movement at the plant.
Thank You for all your efforts put into this !!!

mark3685

TRX Member
Reaction score
0 trucks found this morning.
*I waited an hour to make a second scan just to see if things were late coming online today. Rare but has happened a couple times over the past year.

*ADDED* 9 non member 2022 TRX build sheets found! IT HAS BEGUN!!

VINSTATECOLOR
102424MexicoBlack
105472OntarioBlack
105482British ColumbiaBlack
105497OntarioGranite
105507OntarioRed
105510OntarioRed
121021Puerto RicoBlack
121429Puerto RicoBlack
121438Puerto RicoRed

On a somewhat related note, I have an early flight in the morning to Michigan to walk the EV Tech conference show, so the morning scan for tomorrow will be delayed until I have a free moment to get my laptop out. Agenda for tomorrow is pretty packed from lunch meeting all the way through to a dinner reservation so I will do my best to step away at some point.
Could you please check if you have my VIN on your sheet? I filled out that form but I don't know if it was received or even looked at lol.

ordered 8/25
Hydro Blue

Bubba

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Rebel
Military
Submariner
Looks like the local 1700 union is posturing to possibly strike? @KnightMare you got any insight? Their recent Facebook post and statements look concerning.

akra11

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Andre
Current Ride
202o Laramie Longhorn
0 trucks found this morning.
*I waited an hour to make a second scan just to see if things were late coming online today. Rare but has happened a couple times over the past year.

*ADDED* 9 non member 2022 TRX build sheets found! IT HAS BEGUN!!

VINSTATECOLOR
102424MexicoBlack
105472OntarioBlack
105482British ColumbiaBlack
105497OntarioGranite
105507OntarioRed
105510OntarioRed
121021Puerto RicoBlack
121429Puerto RicoBlack
121438Puerto RicoRed

On a somewhat related note, I have an early flight in the morning to Michigan to walk the EV Tech conference show, so the morning scan for tomorrow will be delayed until I have a free moment to get my laptop out. Agenda for tomorrow is pretty packed from lunch meeting all the way through to a dinner reservation so I will do my best to step away at some point.
So close, my VIN is 105474

akra11

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Andre
Current Ride
202o Laramie Longhorn
I suspect these were 2021 orders, converted to 2022's. I know a lot of Canadians had that happen (not sure about Puerto Ricans and Mexicans). Assuming that's the case, it's nice to see that those poor people are getting high priority.
Sure dude, whatever you say.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com