5 min Cabin filter change (video)

How often is it recommended to replace ?
That's a loaded question. If you live in dusty desert climates like Nevada you would want to change them more frequently (every 3-4 months). If you live in hot humid climates like Columbia I would want to change them very often (every 2-3 months) due to the heavy moisture creating a wet dog stench. If you live in a moderate climate with season changes like Canada I'd say 1-2 times a year. I put a new one in in spring and checked it in the fall and it still looked brand new. I'll check it again in spring and see where we're at.
****DISCLAIMER****
All my suggestions above are just my personal thoughts and should not be taken as gospel. Please refer to your vehicles owners manual and or service department of your local Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram dealership for the recommended filter change intervals.

Thanks for this video, it was helpful. I just replaced my cabin filter, the original one had about 20k miles on it and wasn’t expecting it to be this dirty. The truck lives in the garage and is only driven on nice days. I highly recommend replacing the filter if you haven’t done so already and have some miles on the truck. I went k&n, as it’s usable and only $40.

Attachments

• IMG_8552.jpeg
    IMG_8552.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8555.jpeg
    IMG_8555.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
What Non Hepa filters work the best?

Thanks for this video, it was helpful. I just replaced my cabin filter, the original one had about 20k miles on it and wasn’t expecting it to be this dirty. The truck lives in the garage and is only driven on nice days. I highly recommend replacing the filter if you haven’t done so already and have some miles on the truck. I went k&n, as it’s usable and only $40.
I see the K&N is lifetime. Looks like a paper so how do you clean it!

I see the K&N is lifetime. Looks like a paper so how do you clean it!
The K&N cabin filter looks like the same filter media as their intake filters. You clean it just like their other oiled filters. Spray their cleaner on the dirty side, rinse with low pressure water from the clean side, and then apply their filter refresher after it dries.

Quick tip for anyone doing a cabin filter change. You actually don't even have to mess with those tabs in the back of the glove box. Just remove that string and pull up on the glove box at the same angle that it's at in the resting/open position and it pops right out.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back