23 Glovebox Light

He’s looking for the LED bulb replacement.

@liquidPentium, you can use pretty much any 194/921 bulb. V-LEDs makes one (my go-to supplier for automotive LEDs for the last 15+ years) and so does Morimoto. I prefer the Morimoto one as it has a diffuser so I think I’ll be ordering that.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Someone start a thread with what isn't on 23's, and solutions. I might dive into this this weekend starting with door puddle lights..

Someone start a thread with what isn't on 23's, and solutions. I might dive into this this weekend starting with door puddle lights..
Looks like this one is already started.

1. Middle Rear LED Ambients
2. Glove Box Lamp
3. Tailgate Ajar Indicator
4. Contrast Stitched Grab Handle Covers

Should have been added:

1. Front Seat Controls Panel Covers (From Limited)
2. Rear Door Passive Entry
3. One Touch Up and Down Rear Windows

It's on my build sheet. But agreed. PIA to get the dealer involved. Then you risk them damaging or worse still it gets thieved from their lot......$10 and 2 mins....
You are not wrong.
Dealer visit to install a glove box light........advisor calls and tells you they backed into your truck with a Jeep in the service area.

Anyone have a link to the LED bulbs that they are using?
I tried these ones but I don't like them https://a.co/d/a7PMJzz

The light output is too high up on the bulb so it actually casts a shadow from the back of the Glovebox panel when it's fully open.

Bought a set of these as well but they're just too damn bright. I may still swap to them because they don't have the same shadowing issue as the other one (if I recall correctly)

As soon as the housing arrives I’m trying these:

PHINLION 912 921 906 Red Center High Mount Stop Light LED Bulbs Super Bright 4014 24-SMD Chipsets Wedge T15 904 922 Replacement Lamp for Interior Map Dome 3rd Brake Light https://a.co/d/c0rRNMU

They made it here first

While the lower glove box light was removed from the 23s, the wiring and connector is still there. There is a plug that fills the hole but also holds the connector. You can take that plug off and just put in the Glovebox light switch/holder.
View attachment 98075

Part number is 04565022 and costs about $20. It even comes with a halogen bulb on it.
View attachment 98076

Connect the connector that was on the hole plug to the back of the switch and then just clip the switch into place. I ended up replacing the halogen with an LED bulb from Amazon. You can look up "906 led bulb" on Amazon and find a bunch. Just keep in mind this is a common size for reverse bulbs so there's some idiotically bright options with lenses even. I picked one that was lower brightness and had a diffuser on it.

View attachment 98077
Thank you for sharing this!!

I don’t have light in the glove box on my 22. There is a plug. Was driving and saw a dealer so I stopped and they ordered it. Also they found a recall on the rear camera ( software update) they said.
I was just gona order one and pay for it but since they need to do an update then I will just wait.

IMG_1581.jpeg

I don’t have light in the glove box on my 22. There is a plug. Was driving and saw a dealer so I stopped and they ordered it. Also they found a recall on the rear camera ( software update) they said.
I was just gona order one and pay for it but since they need to do an update then I will just wait.
Interesting. I have one on my '22, so they stopped installing them sometime in the middle of the 22 model year. I believe yours is a September 2022 build (end of the 2022 run), where as mine was a November 2021 build. Anyone else with a 2022 that can weigh in (with the build date as well)?

Interesting. I have one on my '22, so they stopped installing them sometime in the middle of the 22 model year. I believe yours is a September 2022 build (end of the 2022 run), where as mine was a November 2021 build. Anyone else with a 2022 that can weigh in (with the build date as well)?
September ‘22 - no glove box light.

Mine came with the light but when I saw that it’s literally the only incandescent bulb in the truck (as far as I know) I had to address it. Picked this up for 8 bucks at the hardware store.
IMG_0998.jpeg

Does the job nicely illuminating all the junk I never touched since I bought the truck. No brighter than the original which is what I wanted. Little bigger, but still fit in the housing fine.
IMG_0999.jpeg
IMG_1005.jpeg

Yes you are right. Mine was shipped to dealership on October 22. Mine came with no courteous lights, and no glove box lights, and the seat leather were not tucked in but all these were just minor things for me however, the dealership ordered the lights along with the harnesses install them, but lately I was reading the TRX forum Countdowns that box glove box has no lights lol

Well f**k a duck! Just went and checked mine. No lower glove box light in my ‘22. Pretty sure it was built on 8/12/22. Last six 319203

My 22 built in November (I think) has it

Back