23 Glovebox Light

SquirrelMaster

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
While the lower glove box light was removed from the 23s, the wiring and connector is still there. There is a plug that fills the hole but also holds the connector. You can take that plug off and just put in the Glovebox light switch/holder.
20230512_145722.jpg

Part number is 04565022 and costs about $20. It even comes with a halogen bulb on it.
20230512_145734.jpg

Connect the connector that was on the hole plug to the back of the switch and then just clip the switch into place. I ended up replacing the halogen with an LED bulb from Amazon. You can look up "906 led bulb" on Amazon and find a bunch. Just keep in mind this is a common size for reverse bulbs so there's some idiotically bright options with lenses even. I picked one that was lower brightness and had a diffuser on it.

20230512_150007.jpg

Thank you for your post. I’ve ordered mine now. I can’t believe this was another cost cutting move. So frustrating. But alas, what can we do except fix the problem ourselves?

Thanks again.

I can't believe how cheap STLA has gone with their cost cutting bullshit.

I can't believe how cheap STLA has gone with their cost cutting bullshit.
It’s absolutely ridiculous. The wiring is there, and they had to go through the trouble of putting in a plastic piece to not only fill the hole but also latch the harness. Why not just put the light in?

Guys, it might not be a cost cutting thing. It could be a parts availability thing. Sure, you can find one online, but it’s different with a factory. Ram has built somewhere around 138,000 trucks this model year (so far). What if they can’t get 138,000 of these? They find a plug.

It's more than that. This is a common part across all CJDR platforms. The fact that there's a blanking plate and the wiring means it was intentionally deleted as it's Pby not std on a base level so it was removed. Not sure if a limited has one though. I was just as shocked to see it gone and ordered one off eBay for $10.

Thanks for the info. Can you share the Amazon link to the led bulb you purchased?

Guys, it might not be a cost cutting thing. It could be a parts availability thing. Sure, you can find one online, but it’s different with a factory. Ram has built somewhere around 138,000 trucks this model year (so far). What if they can’t get 138,000 of these? They find a plug.
Sure, I might be able to buy that, but then why does my build sheet show “Glove Box Lamp”?

The factory should be forthcoming with whatever they decide to change. If they’re going to withhold that info, what else have they skipped installing?

Sure, I might be able to buy that, but then why does my build sheet show “Glove Box Lamp”?

The factory should be forthcoming with whatever they decide to change. If they’re going to withhold that info, what else have they skipped installing?
I feel like if it is on the build sheet, then the dealer would have an obligation to make that right. Has anyone asked the dealer about these situations?

I feel like if it is on the build sheet, then the dealer would have an obligation to make that right. Has anyone asked the dealer about these situations?
I did not. I didn’t think to check my build sheet until after I had received and installed it. In retrospect, $20 isn’t worth the headache of dealing with the dealership between phone calls, appointments, dropping it off, etc.

I did not. I didn’t think to check my build sheet until after I had received and installed it. In retrospect, $20 isn’t worth the headache of dealing with the dealership between phone calls, appointments, dropping it off, etc.
That's how I felt about the rear door courtesy lights, I just bought them and installed them myself because a) The parts were cheap and b) I like messing with stuff myself. It's still bullshit that Ram is cutting such piddly little things from their HALO vehicles though especially without telling anyone.

It's on my build sheet. But agreed. PIA to get the dealer involved. Then you risk them damaging or worse still it gets thieved from their lot......$10 and 2 mins....

He’s looking for the LED bulb replacement.

@liquidPentium, you can use pretty much any 194/921 bulb. V-LEDs makes one (my go-to supplier for automotive LEDs for the last 15+ years) and so does Morimoto. I prefer the Morimoto one as it has a diffuser so I think I’ll be ordering that.

Just noticed I don't have a light in my 22'
I am beginning to realize that the 21 is the best year for TRX...👍
We have the ALL the Dash lights, ALL the stiched grab handles, the Bolt holes for the swaybar, body painted door handles, and now the Glovebox Light! (And I know i'm forgetting a couple other things too)

The only thing we DON'T HAVE is a $25 Android tablet in the Dash... We have the more expensive analog gauges🤣

Oh and, we also didn't get that additional 25K cost of entry!😉

If ram keeps going down this route I might as well go back to ford or chevy... At least then I know that i'm getting screwed...😁🇺🇲

Eh, I’m partial to my second half ‘22… I may be missing $50 of rear door LEDs, and a $25 glove box light, but I don’t have any of the year 1 headaches…

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back