Jester

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
So I had a 21, sold it with the Swaybar on it. Got my 22, bout the Swaybar, and no holes for it??

I searched here and see some people saying it has no holes.. So here is a post clearly stating NO holes.

For those that have 22’s and have installed one, what did you do? Hellwig hasn’t seemed to care enough since the 21, so unless @Johnny@JustBoltOns has an update from them I’m guessing drilling holes. The brackets don’t look aligned though.

It’d be. I’ve if Hellwig would have addressed bolts/sleeves on 21’s, which I had ready, but I’d like a template or some guidance to know it will work without screwing with the geometry.

I definitely notice not having the Swaybar on it and liked it better.

Otherwise, is there another company that will make one please?

6994568D-58D9-406C-9FFA-965CF4FAC50C.jpeg
835969AA-60C5-4581-A089-6A88383B86B4.jpeg

There's a flange on the bottom of the bracket on the axle, put the bushing housing against it. On the right side there should be one hole, put the bushing housing on it and a bolt in that hole, drill the other one. On the left side put the housing in the centre of the bracket c clamps it in place and drill.

There's a flange on the bottom of the bracket on the axle, put the bushing housing against it. On the right side there should be one hole, put the bushing housing on it and a bolt in that hole, drill the other one. On the left side put the housing in the centre of the bracket c clamps it in place and drill.
Would you mind posting pics, measurements, and any hardware modifications you had to do?

Didn't have to do anything other than the bushings and bolts listed in other posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20220303_170218_1.jpg
    IMG_20220303_170218_1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20220303_170232.jpg
    IMG_20220303_170232.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20220303_170251.jpg
    IMG_20220303_170251.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20220303_170302.jpg
    IMG_20220303_170302.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20220303_170218_1.jpg
    IMG_20220303_170218_1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 136
So I had a 21, sold it with the Swaybar on it. Got my 22, bout the Swaybar, and no holes for it??

I searched here and see some people saying it has no holes.. So here is a post clearly stating NO holes.

For those that have 22’s and have installed one, what did you do? Hellwig hasn’t seemed to care enough since the 21, so unless @Johnny@JustBoltOns has an update from them I’m guessing drilling holes. The brackets don’t look aligned though.

It’d be. I’ve if Hellwig would have addressed bolts/sleeves on 21’s, which I had ready, but I’d like a template or some guidance to know it will work without screwing with the geometry.

I definitely notice not having the Swaybar on it and liked it better.

Otherwise, is there another company that will make one please?
Apparently Hellwig has removed fitment for them as they technically need modifications to work on a TRX. I have countless request sent to them to make a dedicated TRX kit but it doesn't seem like they are on it yet. One with quick disconnect would be awesome. I foresee myself drilling the holes on the my 2022.

Sorry didn't do an install video or pic's. Pretty simple with just a bit of planning.
But at least on mine there's a hole on the right side in the right place to get you started.

Apparently Hellwig has removed fitment for them as they technically need modifications to work on a TRX. I have countless request sent to them to make a dedicated TRX kit but it doesn't seem like they are on it yet. One with quick disconnect would be awesome. I foresee myself drilling the holes on the my 2022.
Well then, a year later and Hellwig sucks! Is there another vendor that doesn’t? How many of these have you sold to TRX owners for them? I’ve purchased 2 alone

well that sucks. Bought my kit about 5 months ago for my 22 and was going to be this weekends project.

Guess it will be going up in the classifieds

well that sucks. Bought my kit about 5 months ago for my 22 and was going to be this weekends project.

Guess it will be going up in the classifieds
If they would just say use x drill but and here is a paper template, things would be fine

Cool ,thx. So it’s level and even across? I’ll do mine tomorrow. I definitely feel it is worth it as it feels sloop without.

On the muffler delete either the Jegs part @CatchMeOffroad told me about - I love them. Had AWE on my 21 and like them better

Well then, a year later and Hellwig sucks! Is there another vendor that doesn’t? How many of these have you sold to TRX owners for them? I’ve purchased 2 alone
We have sold way too many, enough for them to consider making a unique kit for the TRX.

We have sold way too many, enough for them to consider making a unique kit for the TRX.
I'd buy one, but since Hellwig can't or won't provide all of the parts needed to do the install, they're not getting my money.

I'd buy one, but since Hellwig can't or won't provide all of the parts needed to do the install, they're not getting my money.
I completely understand that.

Use a 10 mm drill bit, and the brackets as templates, there's already a hole to start you. Nothing to it but to do it.

Are your bar ends parallel to the ground on flat unloaded ground?

The threaded portion is not long enough for me to get them parallel.

I ended up drilling the holes and using helicoils with a tap for the factory bolts. The one hole I had was too big on the right side to get bite. I could have tried nuts on the back side.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think I need to flip the bar…. What a PITA

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back