2025 RAM Smartphone keyless option

tripleB

TRX Guru
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21' TRX 🦖
With all the threads about thieves being able to program new key fobs on the fly and then Stellantis offering the ability to lock the RF hub which brings with it some of its own issues like having legit duplicate keys made etc. One option I found in the new 2025 pilots built so far is a "Smartphone as a Key"

1691861591935.png

It is optional and doesn't appear as standard equipment on any model built so far.
Currently Laramie and above all have builds with it.

I wonder if this addition will help with security at all ??

I wonder if this addition will help with security at all ??
Let's hope they are using NFC and some hardware backed encryption and not Bluetooth. Bluetooth will be cheaper for Stellantis so you can decide which it will be. :)

My wife has a '23 Tesla Model Y (great complement to my '23 TRX. :D ) and the phone as a key (PaaK) works flawlessly. I love being able to leave the house when we are taking her vehicle with just my phone and wallet. Could probably just take my phone, but like having physical credit cards and my driver's license, etc.

Hope Ram does a good PaaK with good security.

My wife has a '23 Tesla Model Y (great complement to my '23 TRX. :D ) and the phone as a key (PaaK) works flawlessly. I love being able to leave the house when we are taking her vehicle with just my phone and wallet. Could probably just take my phone, but like having physical credit cards and my driver's license, etc.

Hope Ram does a good PaaK with good security.
How’s your husband like his Tesla?

How’s your husband like his Tesla?

I knew there would be a few Karen's triggered by a Tesla. Rest assured it's an awesome ride. That said, not getting rid of any of my 3 factory supercharged vehicles or any of my other ICE vehicles.

Sounds like another useless and transient tech fad

Back