2024 TRX

crflyin

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Ram 1500 Night Edition
Current Ride #2
2015 Roush stage 3 Mustang
Went to the auto show here in Utah and spoke with a rep from Stellantis and she told me that she had heard just that morning that 23 is they last year of the TRX.

Has anyone else heard this?

I've looked everywhere online and nothing to confirm this but she seemed pretty confident when I questioned her about how she knew.

Most likely last year for the hellcat v8, Sure the TRX will continue with hybrid or different power plant. I see the new 6 cylinder turbo in the wagoner can make that thin hit 60 in about 4.6 seconds. Can you imagine if they put that in the new TRX with a H.O version?? They could easily make that TRX faster than our current hellcat platform, just sayin…

I went to our local auto show to today and 99 percent of the people working for these automakers have no clue what they are talking about… I left thinking I could work for ram since I knew more than their own employees LOL
Funny you say that.
Long ago, when GM introduced the Z71 Offroad package (aka shocks and stickers) on their 1500 trucks. We were at the show, and the GM rep was telling us how the Z71 used the latest monotube shock technology. I asked "What is the difference between a monotube and twin tube shock", he said he did not know.

I thought the EV ram looked pretty awesome even though we don't have performance specs yet. Put that truck on steroids, bigger tires, a mean face and there you get an EV TRX many would be happy with. Yes we don't have engine SC, no V8 but again lots of shit happening out there now I don't like or asked for either. I guess we gotta make the best of the shit pie and roll with it

I will say, it depends on the rep and what their role is. A lot of times they really don't know and are just sharing what the last guy to walk up to the booth told them. When I went to the C8 dealer tour....the rep handing out the overview flyer was telling everyone the C8 had about 450hp while literally handing out flyers saying 490-495. When someone finally corrected him, he brushed it off with my main job is to load it on the transport truck.

I thought the EV ram looked pretty awesome even though we don't have performance specs yet. Put that truck on steroids, bigger tires, a mean face and there you get an EV TRX many would be happy with. Yes we don't have engine SC, no V8 but again lots of shit happening out there now I don't like or asked for either. I guess we gotta make the best of the shit pie and roll with it
You couldn't pay me enough to drive a shit EV, whether it's in a TRX body or not.

I’m 29 years old with a $500k house I have to pay for by myself. I didn’t go and drop $100k on a truck cause I thought it was some run of the mill truck that would continue to be made for years (not bragging just saying I shouldn’t have but did). I’ve got a HC challenger wide body on order and I’ll be keeping these cars running as long as I possibly can. Fuck EV’s

@KnightMare is our resident Stellantis insider. If its true he has heard it. If he hasn't heard it then stellantis hasn't thought of it yet. #facts
Yeah 2023 is done as far as the 6.2 Hemi, I was told in November. Question is what will they do for 2024 model year? There was supposed to be a hybrid Hurricane drivetrain that was going to be in the Grand Cherokee, I believe Grand Wagoneer, and TRX but there was packaging issues and performance issues from what I was told in 2021. Since I haven't seen Jeep announce it, they might have scrapped it, and the TRX is more than likely going straight EV next year probably as a 2025 model year vehicle. I don't know for sure if they'll drop a Hurricane in the TRX but it won't be the 1,000hp version, that'll most likely not meet emissions and Dodge told Motortrend its for "competition" use.

Gut feeling is they'll probably just limit TRX production for 2023 - 2024 until they announce an EV TRX with the same EV motor specs from the Charger Daytona Banshee system. Ram said they would have electric trucks coming in 2024 and 2025, so those trucks could be multiple versions of the Ram Revolution with the TRX being the top trim.

I should hear more once the UAW negotiates with Stellantis this year like when it leaked from Unifor they was making more Hellcat variants. We should find out if the TRX goes EV, hybrid drivetrains, maybe the hydrogen engines coming, and where they plan on building these trucks. Last I heard Warren was supposed to build the EV Ram Revolution but they had to improve their quality building the Wagoneer or they would lose new product.

1675115131561.png

1675115341947.png

Funny you say that.
Long ago, when GM introduced the Z71 Offroad package (aka shocks and stickers) on their 1500 trucks. We were at the show, and the GM rep was telling us how the Z71 used the latest monotube shock technology. I asked "What is the difference between a monotube and twin tube shock", he said he did not know.
Occasionally you get lucky. 99% of the folks there are idiots who only know what they've read in their sales update PowerPoint on the plane ride in. I was at the NY auto show years back, and there was as dodge engineer there who just ate and slept HEMI. We talked for 2 hours. It was great to see such passion from someone who is affiliated with the brand.

Anyway. HODL these cars/motors until im dead. Fuck EV. The challenger HC/charger HC/Trackhawk/Durango HC/TRX are the roadrunners and chevelle's of the modern era. At least thats my opinion. I have a widebody challenger scat pack and these are staying.

We'll be flying around in spaceships 30 years from now (prolly not), and ill be driving my TRX/Challenger like Will Smith in iRobot with his bike.

That said, back on topic. The dealer I use is high volume, have a good relationship with their GM and Ops director, seems that the 2023 volume is slowing like everyone else is saying. Id imagine by EOY 2024, we'll have some crappy turbo engine or something hydrogen/EV.

Yeah 2023 is done as far as the 6.2 Hemi, I was told in November. Question is what will they do for 2024 model year? There was supposed to be a hybrid Hurricane drivetrain that was going to be in the Grand Cherokee, I believe Grand Wagoneer, and TRX but there was packaging issues and performance issues from what I was told in 2021. Since I haven't seen Jeep announce it, they might have scrapped it, and the TRX is more than likely going straight EV next year probably as a 2025 model year vehicle. I don't know for sure if they'll drop a Hurricane in the TRX but it won't be the 1,000hp version, that'll most likely not meet emissions and Dodge told Motortrend its for "competition" use.

Gut feeling is they'll probably just limit TRX production for 2023 - 2024 until they announce an EV TRX with the same EV motor specs from the Charger Daytona Banshee system. Ram said they would have electric trucks coming in 2024 and 2025, so those trucks could be multiple versions of the Ram Revolution with the TRX being the top trim.

I should hear more once the UAW negotiates with Stellantis this year like when it leaked from Unifor they was making more Hellcat variants. We should find out if the TRX goes EV, hybrid drivetrains, maybe the hydrogen engines coming, and where they plan on building these trucks. Last I heard Warren was supposed to build the EV Ram Revolution but they had to improve their quality building the Wagoneer or they would lose new product.

View attachment 87227

View attachment 87228
Great info. My gut says they will do a last call kind of thing with limited numbers of TRXs for 2024 and then move on to full EV or some other driveline.

Emissions restrictions for full size SUVs and trucks don't set in till 2025 so they have some time to do a send off TRX if they want. Either way will be impossible to get a hold of.

Great info. My gut says they will do a last call kind of thing with limited numbers of TRXs for 2024 and then move on to full EV or some other driveline.

Emissions restrictions for full size SUVs and trucks don't set in till 2025 so they have some time to do a send off TRX if they want. Either way will be impossible to get a hold of.
What’ll be interesting to see is if/when the next president gets in, if these will be stopped and/or how quickly we go back to drilling. There’s still a lot of market interest for these types of vehicles,

I would like to see more investment into truck diesel and v8s but I know the ship has sailed.

Last edited:

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back