2024 Ram TRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it" - Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln had the internet:oops:

Abraham Lincoln had the internet:oops:
58099693.jpg

Of course not. They misquoted George Washington.

Heck they could put a inline 6 hybrid in certain models like a Jeep Wrangler, Gladiator, Trackhawk, and Grand Wagoneer. And then for the other middle American brands put a V8 hybrid in the Challenger/Charger, Durango, and TRX.

The problem I have with an inline 6 TRX hybrid is like you said, Ford Raptor owners complained about a V6TT and Ford caved in with the Raptor R. Americans like V8's and using electrification to get past emissions is something they should have done a few years ago. I would argue that after the Demon came out, there should of been a hybrid V8 in the works alongside the 4xe system that was going to Jeep instead of the 7.0L Hemi that was cancelled
I had an EcoPoop Raptor for a little over a year before taking delivery of my TRX. It was a good truck overall. The biggest issue I had was the fake engine sound piped into the cab. If they had not done that I would have probably enjoyed the Raptor. Good power out of the V6, and great fuel economy. I just couldn’t live with the fake engine sound.

I don't think many of you are looking at the business side of this. The CAFE standards are getting more stringent every year, and building TRX's (that get an official 12 mpg) are probably causing them all sorts of problems. They didn't kill off the Dodge hellcats because of a lack of sales, or because it just isn't "cool" anymore. They're doing it because they won't stay in business if they build gas hogs.
Right! I don't know why this seems to be forgotten so often! The CAFE in 2025 is 54.5 mpg! The manufacturers are not being driven by market demand, they are being driven by federal regulation!

Secondly, the few things I've read that do NOT seem to be rumors are that 2024 will be the same drivetrain as 2023. 2025 model year is a big question and probably the best GUESS is no more ICE.

Just my 2 cents but I’ve got a feeling the hellcat will stay in the TRX for 2024. It seems to me it’s Dodge that is getting bent over at this moment not Ram. But the bend over for Ram will not be too far BEHIND. Pun intended. 😁

Last edited:
Right! I don't know why this seems to be forgotten so often! The CAFE in 2025 is 54.5 mpg! The manufacturers are not being driven by market demand, they are being driven by federal regulation!

Secondly, the few things I've read that do NOT seem to be rumors are that 2024 will be the same drivetrain as 2023. 2025 model year is a big question and probably the best GUESS is no more ICE.
EV's pretty much offset the CAFE numbers.
There was an article about how Ford is banking on the F150 Lightning to take care of its corporate fleet CAFE MPG.

GM is spending almost 1B for a 6th gen V8.
Ford has a new generation of Mustang with a V8 coming out.

The only one who isn't bringing back a V8 is the Mopar group.

If the Charger and Ram REV can sell enough units, then they can keep selling Hellcats. But sadly, FCA kept kicking the ball down the road.
Its quite unfortunate but here we are.

If Stellantis can sell enough EVs in 2024, then I believe the TRX will be back. Its just too much money per unit to turn away from. But if they can't, I can see this 23 run as being the end of the road.
Like the ZR1 Corvette in 2019, it just ends. No hype from corporate to get the dealers all worked up with ADMs etc.

If Stellantis can sell enough EVs in 2024, then I believe the TRX will be back. Its just too much money per unit to turn away from. But if they can't, I can see this 23 run as being the end of the road.
What makes you think they're getting rich on the TRX? Or at least, any richer than they are selling Rebels or Limiteds or Bighorns? The premium that the TRX commands is basically offset by the cost of the engine and related components.
If Stellantis is faced with being able to sell either 2 Bighorns or 1 TRX (before it hurts their CAFE numbers too much), then I'd put big money on them selling 2 Bighorns.

What makes you think they're getting rich on the TRX? Or at least, any richer than they are selling Rebels or Limiteds or Bighorns? The premium that the TRX commands is basically offset by the cost of the engine and related components.
If Stellantis is faced with being able to sell either 2 Bighorns or 1 TRX (before it hurts their CAFE numbers too much), then I'd put big money on them selling 2 Bighorns.
Sergio was all about the transaction price. Which was the reason the TRX was given the green light in the first place.
I don't think it costs that much more to build a TRX vs the Big Horn.

EV's pretty much offset the CAFE numbers.
There was an article about how Ford is banking on the F150 Lightning to take care of its corporate fleet CAFE MPG.

GM is spending almost 1B for a 6th gen V8.
Ford has a new generation of Mustang with a V8 coming out.

The only one who isn't bringing back a V8 is the Mopar group.

If the Charger and Ram REV can sell enough units, then they can keep selling Hellcats. But sadly, FCA kept kicking the ball down the road.
Its quite unfortunate but here we are.

Like the ZR1 Corvette in 2019, it just ends. No hype from corporate to get the dealers all worked up with ADMs etc.
Granted EV's help with the CAFE. I stated what it is in 2025. It goes up by another 10% in 2026! Manufacturers must plan for the future. Also, stating Stellantis is not coming back with any V8 still remains to be seen in the TRX, although it does seem unlikely in the very near future. GM and Ford are moving that direction and don't be surprised to see them eliminate ICE. We have to wait and see on the TRX.

It cost a lot more to build a TRX, as much more as they charge ? maybe not. so they might have a little more margin on 4% of Ram sales, BFD to a company this big.

If it was simply about profit margin on low production vehicles they wouldn't have dumped the Hellcats and V8's in the cars. they're raping people on the last calls.

Seemed like end of 2022, Ram CEO was saying TRX was coming back in 2024 unchanged. Now seems Ram is back peddling and won't confirm Hellcat engines for 2024 TRX. They will be having a TRX like EV performance option for the Rev with software upgrade purchase.

It will literally be impossible to move to 100% EVs. With GM having the LT4 average easily over 25 mpg in sports cars (driven under controlled conditions) there is a reason the V8 won’t need to go away…they can still increase efficiency.

Add that to the EVs that can be produced and every lineup will be able to withstand the Cafe standard even if they are implemented (they won’t be FYI)

The V8 will be pried out of the cold dead hands of these manufacturers. It’s the only thing that sets them apart from Tesla, who with their 2nd round of price cuts, is attempting to put the transitional automakers who make little to no profits off EVs out of business.

The TRX with a Hellcat will survive. The Corvette with a V8 will survive. The Mustang with a V8 will survive.

The industry however, is loving the panic that is surrounding the thought the V8 is going away. Cash money!

It will literally be impossible to move to 100% EVs. With GM having the LT4 average easily over 25 mpg in sports cars (driven under controlled conditions) there is a reason the V8 won’t need to go away…they can still increase efficiency.

Add that to the EVs that can be produced and every lineup will be able to withstand the Cafe standard even if they are implemented (they won’t be FYI)

The V8 will be pried out of the cold dead hands of these manufacturers. It’s the only thing that sets them apart from Tesla, who with their 2nd round of price cuts, is attempting to put the transitional automakers who make little to no profits off EVs out of business.

The TRX with a Hellcat will survive. The Corvette with a V8 will survive. The Mustang with a V8 will survive.

The industry however, is loving the panic that is surrounding the thought the V8 is going away. Cash money!
Hellcat is going away after this yr. As someone that works in integrated supply chain for Stellantis I've seen the orders and tooling renewals for parts regarding 6.2 production. Writing is on the wall fellas. Some of these castings are getting extended (past their tolerance bands) to produce just enough for last call and others related. It's part of the reason ordering was suspended temporarily due to part allocations and procurement.

There's way too many things going but that's the insider scoop.

You think there would be some sort of announcement on trx and the HC being last call?

Hellcat is going away after this yr. As someone that works in integrated supply chain for Stellantis I've seen the orders and tooling renewals for parts regarding 6.2 production. Writing is on the wall fellas. Some of these castings are getting extended (past their tolerance bands) to produce just enough for last call and others related. It's part of the reason ordering was suspended temporarily due to part allocations and procurement.

There's way too many things going but that's the insider scoop.
so, you're saying there's a "chance"?

Seemed like end of 2022, Ram CEO was saying TRX was coming back in 2024 unchanged. Now seems Ram is back peddling and won't confirm Hellcat engines for 2024 TRX. They will be having a TRX like EV performance option for the Rev with software upgrade purchase.
How much you want to bet they will sell a Rebel EV with a TRX Stage kit upgrade :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Really?
How so?

When you break down the process of building the 5.7 vs the 6.2L how much more do you think it costs? From the foundry to assembly?
It takes the same time to make the cam for both of them, just different design.
The Hellcat takes different injectors but again the cost at a supplier level isn't going to be a huge markup.
The super charger and the added components to make that work will cost extra but not thousands more like people believe.

The suspension and frame updates IMO are probably the biggest cost drivers of this truck. And even then.
They make a profit selling work trucks that back in 2018 cost under 30k new for a tradesman. The TRX is all gravy for that bottom line.

I would be shocked if it cost Ram over 40k to build a TRX in the plant. Other than buying shocks from Billstein, nothing else should jack the price up on it.

There is a lot of profit in building trucks but Stellantis problem is FCA's biggest weakness, not enough cars. FCA paid out millions and millions of dollars every year to offset poor fleet fuel economy. Instead on putting focus on better quality fuel efficient cars to offset Hellcat and truck/suv MPG penalties, FCA doubled down on trucks and SUV's that eventually led to them being sold off.

Instead on putting focus on better quality fuel efficient cars to offset Hellcat and truck/suv MPG penalties, FCA doubled down on trucks and SUV's that eventually led to them being sold off.
Aka, they built the vehicles buyers wanted instead of the ones the government told them to build.

How much you want to bet they will sell a Rebel EV with a TRX Stage kit upgrade :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't be surprised. They're already going to market the Rev to beat the Hummer EV. I'd would be pissed if after spending a ridiculous amount on an EV truck, then have to pay a monthly subscription to unlock features and performance options software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back