2023 TRX Orders Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shoot. Didn't think of that. They have a black one for sale now too. I hate black. I just won't look at it I guess. LOL.
There is a full motorized shade that when fully closed you can't really even tell you have a sunroof. ;)

Sunroofs are awesome
Sure wish I had snatched it up
Guess I’ll drive a Ford
How do you know so much about Haiku style? I studied Japanese for 6 years and I got to say, you can’t let your talent go to waste

$2K 'saving' will probably be offset by the next MSRP increase

So this is the death of the Hellcat TRX?
Went out with a whimper.
Lame

If the 24 is indeed the I6, im thinking it will be hybrid like the ERay Corvette. 510hp plus another 200 or so from a motor/battery.
They have to make it faster than the current one or cut the price. They won't have the same interest if its slower and more expensive.
Or this was the rumored TR from before the launch that was just going to be the 392.
A 510hp TRX for 59k? Not a bad deal I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Two
So this is the death of the Hellcat TRX?
Went out with a whimper.
Lame

If the 24 is indeed the I6, im thinking it will be hybrid like the ERay Corvette. 510hp plus another 200 or so from a motor/battery.
They have to make it faster than the current one or cut the price. They won't have the same interest if its slower and more expensive.
Or this was the rumored TR from before the launch that was just going to be the 392.
A 510hp TRX for 59k? Not a bad deal I guess.

It's not a surprise as Dodge announced the end of the their Hellcat lineup in 2021.....

It's not clear to me why everyone has "decided" that the Hellcat is going away in 2023. Just because they cut off 2023 orders doesn't mean that they're discontinuing it. They've simply hit their limit for production - presumably they can only make so many Hellcats now.
I know, there are conflicting reports about whether the Hellcat will survive into 2024. But I have a real hard time believing that it will go out with a whimper. Ram will surely have a "last call" of some sort.

It's not clear to me why everyone has "decided" that the Hellcat is going away in 2023. Just because they cut off 2023 orders doesn't mean that they're discontinuing it. They've simply hit their limit for production - presumably they can only make so many Hellcats now.
I know, there are conflicting reports about whether the Hellcat will survive into 2024. But I have a real hard time believing that it will go out with a whimper. Ram will surely have a "last call" of some sort.
Not based on any facts but I totally agree with you. Though I like the temporary hysteria as I can only assume it will help with the resell value.

If they have to shut off orders so they don't sell more than the want to build I don't see any reason for any promotions. if they made a last call run that cost a lot more then maybe, but if that is the case we should see it pretty soon or what's the point.

It's not a surprise as Dodge announced the end of the their Hellcat lineup in 2021.....
Hellcat for Dodge is dead at the end of 23.

Originally, RAM said the TRX would live on with the Hellcat engine. Then I remember seeing something that may not be the case.

I would think there would be a lot of cost in switching the engine over and probably not much savings in MPG. I think they reported the Grand Wagoneer I6 got 1mpg better than the 392 version. Not exactly saving the dinos now are we?

Read what Knightmare said his sources are saying. the new TRX will be electric it's not going to be a 6 banger.

That sort of makes sense since EV is the direction Stellantis is heading. a new TRX that would wipe the floor with the Raptor R ( until the battery dies ) and be the flagship for the Ram EV lineup. not saying I'm on board, just saying it makes business sense from a world wide sales standpoint.

Read what Knightmare said his sources are saying. the new TRX will be electric it's not going to be a 6 banger.

That sort of makes sense since EV is the direction Stellantis is heading. a new TRX that would wipe the floor with the Raptor R ( until the battery dies ) and be the flagship for the Ram EV lineup. not saying I'm on board, just saying it makes business sense from a world wide sales standpoint.
Here's what Knightmare said:
"the TRX is more than likely going straight EV next year probably as a 2025 model year vehicle."
"Gut feeling is they'll probably just limit TRX production for 2023 - 2024 until they announce an EV TRX with the same EV motor specs from the Charger Daytona Banshee system."

• Sad
Yes, and they've already limited '23 production with no hint of what lies ahead for '24. if its anymore limited than '23 it's not going to amount to anything.

I still say corporate business practices for a company this big don't cater to pathetically low production numbers on a dead product with no future. but as I've said before that's just logic it doesn't mean chit.

Look at how many times they closed and reopened the order banks in 2022. Multiple times.

Maybe they are just limiting the overflow and trying to get some out the door without a 9 month waiting period.

Its barley January 2023 really think they are closing the 2023 order banks for good?

Pretty dumb if they do. Huge revenue loss for them.

Hellcat for Dodge is dead at the end of 23.

Originally, RAM said the TRX would live on with the Hellcat engine. Then I remember seeing something that may not be the case.

I would think there would be a lot of cost in switching the engine over and probably not much savings in MPG. I think they reported the Grand Wagoneer I6 got 1mpg better than the 392 version. Not exactly saving the dinos now are we?
My guess is the I6TT if tuned for the TRX will deliver worse MPG. However they will probably pull some timing trickery to keep it out of boost and report those numbers to the EPA which then appear on the sticker.

Hopefully if thats what they do, they dont shit all over the platform with some piped in v8 shit sound like ford does, and just put a decent exhaust and some actual engineering together.

I had ordered a fully loaded granite 2023 in August, before i picked up my sandblast recently that i got lucky with, and it should be shipped to the dealer any day now, so if anyone wants it i can see about making that work and give you some info. Just trying to help since i know it'll be available soon, not a shill for the dealer i use.

Sad news for sure.

Word is yes the order books are closed for 23 for good. but who knows this company seems to pride itself on never letting the customer know anything , even about their own order.

I am of the thinking that until they announce the total death of the hellcat, we have to assume that it will survive in the TRX at least through the 2024 model year. The thinking is that the supercharged v8 will be easier to pass certain emissions requirements in a pickup truck. But articles like this give me some pause and I worry that this may be the end:

Apparently only allocations are available here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back