2023 Ford Raptor R vs. Ram TRX

Is

Is that legal in Texas?
No it's not legal. If a person in Texas is arrested for Racing / Contest of Speed, the violation is a Class B Misdemeanor which is equivalent to a DWI - 1st Offense. You don't even have to violate the speed laws to be arrested for this. It's a prevalent problem in the larger cities. We've been assigning task forces with aerial support to tackle these issues. If people want to race, take it to the drag strip. It's not worth injuring or killing someone.

No it's not legal. If a person in Texas is arrested for Racing / Contest of Speed, the violation is a Class B Misdemeanor which is equivalent to a DWI - 1st Offense. You don't even have to violate the speed laws to be arrested for this. It's a prevalent problem in the larger cities. We've been assigning task forces with aerial support to tackle these issues. If people want to race, take it to the drag strip. It's not worth injuring or killing someone.
You actually answered someone asking if street racing is legal?

Hope they get caught. Bunch of idiots.

You actually answered someone asking if street racing is legal?
Yes. Some people believe they can race legally on a highway if the don't exceed the speed limit, which is not true here in Texas.

Yes. Some people believe they can race legally on a highway if the don't exceed the speed limit, which is not true here in Texas.
Long ago back in the 90s we would street race in Washington DC on V Street in a warehouse district. At the time racing was a $65 non moving violation in DC. You go to VA or MD and it was a huge ticket and you were probably going to jail. V Street was insane and on Sundays many of the cars were trailered in.

They’re idiots obviously. Also, how does one race on the highway without exceeding the speed limit? Short of doing it in a Prius of course.

It's pretty simple. They take off from a stop sign travellng onto a highway where the speed limit has increased to 60 or 70 mph. They race from 0 to 60 to see who wins without violating the speed law. They are however violating the Racing law.

It's pretty simple. They take off from a stop sign travellng onto a highway where the speed limit has increased to 60 or 70 mph. They race from 0 to 60 to see who wins without violating the speed law. They are however violating the Racing law.
Boo hoo, victimless "crime".

Boo hoo, victimless "crime".
Starts out as Misdemeanor Racing until they hit and injure someone. Then it's a Felony. Serious bodily injury or death and it's up to 20 years in jail. It isn't worth it. Go find a drag strip.

The Ram looks badass inside and out, The Raptor looks like a slightly retooled F-150 from 10 years ago.
Was just thinking the same. I have a 2012 F150 in grey with 2018 Raptor wheels and a black grill and to non-car people it would be the same truck.

You need to check out the Houston street racing scene before saying that. Roll racing on the highway with 1000hp+ cars is a pastime there.
You must have missed the word professional in my original post. The Houston street racing scene does sound fun though, loud cars and going fast is always a good time. The guys with civics and old mustangs graduated HS and made some money, so now can buy/mod real race cars.

Thought his comments were spot on......

I liked his Raptor R vs TRX comments at 15:00 as well...LOL
Great review of the Raptor R, it’s a BEAST! BUT… the reviewer hit it on the nose at the end. The TRX has got everything that the buyer of this segment wants (and at a much lower cost) but it also has the spirit/soul/aggression/etc that we really want as opposed to the kinda boring F150. TRX may not be the numbers king anymore, but it’s still the beast king.

Just found this drag race video. If it gets posted on the Raptor forum there are going to be a lot of excuses made for their $150k + truck.

300+ lbs of tires in the bed matters… here’s the result with the swap of those.

just in case anyone can sit through the video, the cringe and awkwardness made me stop watching after the first minute.

just in case anyone can sit through the video, the cringe and awkwardness made me stop watching after the first minute.
I watched that too. Those two reviewers were terrible. The one thing that stood out to me is when the Raptor R was going through the woops, the back end bucked out pretty bad.

300+ lbs of tires in the bed matters… here’s th

300+ lbs of tires in the bed matters… here’s the result with the swap of those.

Wow, It did look like the inverse of the prior video. Down to the addition of the added passenger in the TRX in the latest video. Both great trucks!!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back