Tex TRX 55

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Military
USAF
After the TRX spanks the Raptor R, Ford says launching on tarmac is not what the Raptor R is for but rather a roll race. The Raptor R takes a slight advantage. I can definitely make a few tweaks to fix that!!

Yeah, If I come across a Raptor R and he wants to race, it will only be from a dead stop...(At least till I add a few performance upgrades!) The combination of a little less weight, 4.10 gears, gearing within the 10 speed auto, power bandwidth of the 5.2, all favor the Raptor in a 'roll race'.

The difference in the roll race is nothing more than which one hit the gas first and within the margin of error. The dead stop race was straight up and the Rex took it hands down. Roll race is essentially which driver accelerates first and not as accurate as a dead stop race. That is just my opinion though. Sound, the Rex sounds so much more aggressive to me, but I am partial. Interior is hands down the Rex, no question to me. I could care less to look at a Ford again and I owned F150's over 20 years, maybe it was just the always more of the same they do.

The difference in the roll race is nothing more than which one hit the gas first and within the margin of error. The dead stop race was straight up and the Rex took it hands down. Roll race is essentially which driver accelerates first and not as accurate as a dead stop race. That is just my opinion though. Sound, the Rex sounds so much more aggressive to me, but I am partial. Interior is hands down the Rex, no question to me. I could care less to look at a Ford again and I owned F150's over 20 years, maybe it was just the always more of the same they do.
Yea except when the R was launched properly by C&D it beat the TRX in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Reality is that it will be drivers race 99% of the time but the TRX is no longer dominant.

All of the arguments of .1 seconds here and there would be somewhat valid if the R didn’t cost $50k more then a loaded TRX.

And if it was just as easily obtained without getting on your knees in front of your local Ford dealers GM with a bag of money in your hands begging them to give it to you in the rear with no lube.

All of the arguments of .1 seconds here and there would be somewhat valid if the R didn’t cost $50k more then a loaded TRX.

And if it was just as easily obtained without getting on your knees in front of your local Ford dealers GM with a bag of money in your hands begging them to give it to you in the rear with no lube.
Agreed 100% with you. With the additional $50k in cost (at least) for an R, it’s like comparing a ford mustang gt at $40-45k to a gt500 at $90-95k, of course that’s without adm. IMO, the TRX interior, sound and larger displacement is far superior to an R. It’s a drivers race for sure and for $50k less, the TRX is the winner. Hopefully I get to actually see an R in the wild and test it’s abilities compared to the TRX in real life. Let’s run em Jack!

You got that right. I don’t see any professional roll racing series on tv, just drag races from a stop. You want to see what car or truck is faster, line then up stopped and run them down the road. Roll races are for HS kids on the highway with a Honda Civic with fart cans and beat up mustangs.

It's weird how nobody is talking about the oscillations in the Raptor at high speed. He legit looked scared and made it seem like he was on the edge of control.. how can you possibly say that's the better suspension if this happens at all?

It's weird how nobody is talking about the oscillations in the Raptor at high speed. He legit looked scared and made it seem like he was on the edge of control.. how can you possibly say that's the better suspension if this happens at all?
That was wobbly a F.
People here comparing them like they're the same price.

Base to base msrp the Raptor R is 21.5k over and that's at MSRP.

Yea except when the R was launched properly by C&D it beat the TRX in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Reality is that it will be drivers race 99% of the time but the TRX is no longer dominant.
😂

The Raptors,(all Ford trim levels), have cheap interiors. Not impressed in the least. Have had Ford trucks in the family for years, love old school square body Ford pickups and I am a mustang owner myself. The TRX is far superior.

You got that right. I don’t see any professional roll racing series on tv, just drag races from a stop. You want to see what car or truck is faster, line then up stopped and run them down the road. Roll races are for HS kids on the highway with a Honda Civic with fart cans and beat up mustangs.
You need to check out the Houston street racing scene before saying that. Roll racing on the highway with 1000hp+ cars is a pastime there.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back