🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX

Official reveal teaser of the new 2023 Z06 Corvette

** Update **

Last edited:
Yay! No chance of getting one if you aren't already on a list or ready to pay 20k-30k over sticker. The dealer I got my C8 from has 600 people on their Z06 list with $2000 down deposits. They are the biggest corvette dealer in the country and will be lucky if they get 100 Z06s in a model year. No hope of getting one early for me sadly. Unless someone's got a really nice hook up at a dealer that supersedes everyone else hook up....I will just have to watch Streetspeed717 get his in the first week and enjoy it that way.

Called local dealer. Would be #3 on the list. $1000 deposit and likely 10-15 over. No thx

Called local dealer. Would be #3 on the list. $1000 deposit and likely 10-15 over. No thx
Ask them how many C8 allocations they got for 2021. Bet you they won't even get a Z06 in the first year. My immediate local dealer has 4 people with deposits down on Z06s. They only got 4 C8 allocations for 2021.

I could have been number 7 on the local dealers list for 2020. Had I taken their 7th slot, I would still be waiting for a C8 with them. I was number 480 with the dealer I bought from and got mine in 2020 at the very end.

Last edited:
I also never pay over msrp out of principle. That said, when you make your calculations you might want to account for the fact that with all the pent up demand, the first year ones will easily go for $50k over msrp in the secondary market. Not only because 1st year Z06s will always get a little over, but this is for sure the last naturally aspirated corvette generation. So one might want to reconsider passing on one of the first Z06s with a small ADM.

I have an allocation secured through my Tommy Bahama and goldchanins.com awards programs.

I also never pay over msrp out of principle. That said, when you make your calculations you might want to account for the fact that with all the pent up demand, the first year ones will easily go for $50k over msrp in the secondary market. Not only because 1st year Z06s will always get a little over, but this is for sure the last naturally aspirated corvette generation. So one might want to reconsider passing on one of the first Z06s with a small ADM.

I have an allocation secured through my Tommy Bahama and goldchanins.com awards programs.
Know any good dealers with reasonable adm?

Ask them how many C8 allocations they got for 2021. Bet you they won't even get a Z06 in the first year. My immediate local dealer has 4 people with deposits down on Z06s. They only got 4 C8 allocations for 2021.

I could have been number 7 on the local dealers list for 2020. Had I taken their 7th slot, I would still be waiting for a C8 with them. I was number 480 with the dealer I bought from and got mine in 2020 at the very end.
Dealer was supposed to get 14 in first lot. Got 7. Then one every 3 months until spring. Now none.

I put down the $1000 to hold spot #3 for the zo6. Issue is they won’t even commit it a markup value.

If anyone knows a solid dealer that gets lots of allocations let me know. I’m open to shipping from wherever

Know any good dealers with reasonable adm?

I don't. My dealer doesn't charge me adm and it's too early in the proceedings to know where the adm range will land. Usually the worst time to do these things is right after a marketing drop or official launch cause that's when everyone calls the dealers at the same time and that's when dealers can squeeze people for the max adm. Well then and just as order banks open and they can get customers to bid for an allocation. If by now one doesn't have an existing relationship with a dealer that won't charge them adm then I'd call a dealer like Kerbeck and just put you name in line. You might not get one the first year but you will eventually get one.

Otherwise if a dealer like the one you spoke to will do $10k over for a guaranteed early allocation, principles aside, you'd have very little to lose if you agreed to that deal. If you do just get it in writing including where you are on their list ... ie, have them write that you will get the third allocation they get.

I don't. My dealer doesn't charge me adm and it's too early in the proceedings to know where the adm range will land. Usually the worst time to do these things is right after a marketing drop or official launch cause that's when everyone calls the dealers at the same time and that's when dealers can squeeze people for the max adm. Well then and just as order banks open and they can get customers to bid for an allocation. If by now one doesn't have an existing relationship with a dealer that won't charge them adm then I'd call a dealer like Kerbeck and just put you name in line. You might not get one the first year but you will eventually get one.

Otherwise if a dealer like the one you spoke to will do $10k over for a guaranteed early allocation, principles aside, you'd have very little to lose if you agreed to that deal. If you do just get it in writing including where you are on their list ... ie, have them write that you will get the third allocation they get.
It goes against principle for me too but I'd pay 10k if I could get an early allocation. But no way of knowing which small dealer has an early allocation that actually an allocation or they are selling a car they wont have. Kerbeck has like 300 on their Z06 lol

It goes against principle for me too but I'd pay 10k if I could get an early allocation. But no way of knowing which small dealer has an early allocation that actually an allocation or they are selling a car they wont have. Kerbeck has like 300 on their Z06 lol
I guess we’ll see. That motor sounds wicked. I’ll put out the grand deposit and see what happens.

I've been waiting a long time for this! I am currently #272 on the list at MacMulkin (who was getting ~200 Z06's per year for the C7). With the current drop out rate, I might actually end up with a first year car if I am lucky. I think their list is up over 700 now, but they sell for straight MSRP- no dealer markup, not even a doc fee. (Well, technically they do have a doc fee, but they discount the MSRP price to adjust for their doc fee.) So they are well into the third year of allocations if they end up getting the same 200/ year as they did with C7's.

Also, FYI- Ciocca (formerly Kerbeck) does not have an official Z06 wait list right now, and they do sell at MSRP + a small dealer doc fee. They will only start a wait list once the car has been officially revealed. At this point, your best bet at getting a MSRP deal and early allocation is to get to that dealership the day of the release this fall. Good luck with that though, I anticipate there will probably be people camping at the dealership for a week leading up to the reveal. Almost zero chance of getting through to them on the phone that day or even the week afterwards I would think LOL..

But yes, this car is going to be EPIC!

Last edited:
This will be the mid performance level car for the C8. Personally, am waiting for the AWD hybrid Zora. Yes will be expensive however, a monster is an understatement. The Z06 and I have been following it being a Corvette guy will be more focused as a track car. Being it is going to be NA and designed to make HP and TQ towards the upper band this one I am going to let pass.

The other part of this is the Z06 has been delayed and with GM diverting most of the development monies into the EV side we will just see how this version works with the DCT given the added power even if it is only 100 or so hp over the base 6.2.

This will be the mid performance level car for the C8. Personally, am waiting for the AWD hybrid Zora. Yes will be expensive however, a monster is an understatement. The Z06 and I have been following it being a Corvette guy will be more focused as a track car. Being it is going to be NA and designed to make HP and TQ towards the upper band this one I am going to let pass.

The Z06 is not only more track focused but it's also going to be embraced by purists as the last Corvette of its kind, just like the 458 being the last NA mid engine Ferrari is championed by Ferrari fans, and I'm not just saying that because I own one. The 488, the F8, the Pista that came after it are way faster, handle better, have much better tech and are by all metrics much better cars, but to many nowhere near as fun or engaging to drive, and certainly do not come close to the sound of that high revving NA FPC V8. That's why 458 prices have steadily climbed in the last couple of years, and why GM benchmarked it for the Z06 and not Ferrari's newer models.

There are going to be so many insanely fast electric/hybrid assist cars coming down the pike by all manufacturers and they will be the norm moving forward. But if you really embrace the whole driving experience rather than just speed for the sake of speed, the C8 Z06 might be something you want in your garage, not only in the short term but to crank up and take out fifteen years from now when almost everything around you is a super fast roomba.

And I'm not saying the Zora won't be epic or that I wouldn't be interested in it ... I'm just noting the appeal of giving up a little speed for other considerations. (y)

Last edited:
The Z06 is not only more track focused but it's also going to be embraced by purists as the last Corvette of its kind, just like the 458 being the last NA mid engine Ferrari is championed by Ferrari fans, and I'm not just saying that because I own one. The 488, the F8, the Pista that came after it are way faster, handle better, have much better tech and are by all metrics much better cars, but to many nowhere near as fun or engaging to drive, and certainly do not come close to the sound of that high revving NA FPC V8. That's why 458 prices have steadily climbed in the last couple of years, and why GM benchmarked it for the Z06 and not Ferrari's newer models.

There are going to be so many insanely fast electric/hybrid assist cars coming down the pike by all manufacturers and they will be the norm moving forward. But if you really embrace the whole driving experience rather than just speed for the sake of speed, the C8 Z06 might be something you want in your garage, not only in the short term but to crank up and take out fifteen years from now when almost everything around you is a super fast roomba.

And I'm not saying the Zora won't be epic or that I wouldn't be interested in it ... I'm just noting the appeal of giving up a little speed for other considerations. (y)
A 617 hp NA flatplane V8 will always be special. Try to go buy any manual ferrari and you will get an idea of what these purist cars go for 10-15 years later

A 617 hp NA flatplane V8 will always be special. Try to go buy any manual ferrari and you will get an idea of what these purist cars go for 10-15 years later

Manual adds a whole other layer of desirability.

That's why the CT5-V Blackwing manual will be so special ... not NA but another last of its kind.

Doesn't sound too bad either:

That's why the CT5-V Blackwing manual will be so special ... not NA but another last of its kind.

I miss my gated manual lambo. I’m thinking of rebuying it. It’s the last manual lambo ever made and a 1-27 in the world

Cadillac really needs to make fast SUVs like the X5M or AMGs. That CT5-V blackwing looks sick. Dash feels very buick/chevy but that sounds insane.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back