2022 trx blown motor 9k miles

Not to take away from the thread, but your comment hit home and is timely....

Under warranty/19k and third time (and nearing 3wks collectively out of service) at the dealership. Strong coolant smell (and loss but no codes).

Long story short (as the eventual forum thread will be akin to a Manifesto with amusing attached documents). By profession I take detailed notes, time stamps, notes re: comments/conversations/calls and whom/copies of emails/tech notes/etc. and hopefully there will be some takeaways for other members experiencing similar/things to try (or avoid/redirect their repair elsewhere).

How the dealership has handled it (including discounting statements made/consistent lack of communication/etc) is bewildering on all levels/personnel involved amplified by my biblical warnings "just keep me well informed/don't let me have to escalate this...". They had me at "all TRX's smell like this under the hood" with a smirk.

Now awaiting a replacement radiator (supposed to arrive last Wednesday/now possibly Monday) after it finally starting leaking. Out of curiosity - checked various dealer parts departments, they are on national back-order (and told probably 1-2mo. out). Not knowing what to believe, I rekindled a RAM Cares case# I had instigated prior to visit #2 and they have obviously lit a fire calling the dealership (now Service Advisor is copying Parts/Service and CSI Managers).

RAM Cares assured me that now 'they' are holding the dealership accountable (for parts arrival to resolution), and IF antics are noted they will escalate internally as 'dealerships are operated independently'. As a customer I'd rather not be this involved from a scenario that should have been a simple repair following a thorough/detailed first inspection.

We plan on keeping our 'family' TRX but lost tremendous faith in our local dealership. It's challenging (family/work/even getting an adequate loaner for daily toddler x3 transporting) to change (Service) dealerships, most likely will default to a trusted tuning shop that I have a decade of experience with. Just don't need the BS/angst and mental focus anymore especially if this is a reflection of future warranty issues.
You really have to locate and start going to a ram power dealer. Their technicians are specifically trained on all this high-performance shit from our trucks all the way down to the Dodge challengers and so on.

These power dealerships can also make modifications to your motor to pick up horsepower just a notch and it will still be under warranty!

I have attached a copy of all power dealers in United States so sit through it, find your state, I find the city nearest you and I would suggest using them instead, I do and I’ve heard nothing but good luck

Yes I lost a bearing in my supercharger it went into the screws shoot it all up send it down in the exhaust manifold and evening to the catalytic converter if you can believe that, I just got a brand new motor in a brand new super charger and brand new catalytic converter’s found some shit in between all for free, no hassle, no biggie, give me a big horn loaner

Yes I lost a bearing in my supercharger it went into the screws shoot it all up send it down in the exhaust manifold and evening to the catalytic converter if you can believe that, I just got a brand new motor in a brand new super charger and brand new catalytic converter’s found some shit in between all for free, no hassle, no biggie...
Man you should have seen all the Seadoos that grenaded due to faulty SC bearings back in the day, it was an epidemic. Seadoo was replacing 4tec motors left and right because they were stupid enough to put out skis with ceramic bearings that lasted somewhere around 20 hours or less before disintegrating! Some people got lucky and they only took out the oil pumps and the screens caught all the debris but otherwise, bye bye engine.

You really have to locate and start going to a ram power dealer. Their technicians are specifically trained on all this high-performance shit from our trucks all the way down to the Dodge challengers and so on.

These power dealerships can also make modifications to your motor to pick up horsepower just a notch and it will still be under warranty!

I have attached a copy of all power dealers in United States so sit through it, find your state, I find the city nearest you and I would suggest using them instead, I do and I’ve heard nothing but good luck

Yes I lost a bearing in my supercharger it went into the screws shoot it all up send it down in the exhaust manifold and evening to the catalytic converter if you can believe that, I just got a brand new motor in a brand new super charger and brand new catalytic converter’s found some shit in between all for free, no hassle, no biggie, give me a big horn loaner

While I wish the power brokers were a sign of a definitively good dealer I can state that the Superstition Springs CDJR in Arizona listed on there is garbage. There are two issues that keep coming up concerning vehicle maintenance and warranty work. The first is quality / skill which perhaps this list helps with assuming that their tech turnover has created a massive skill and experience gap in their hands on staff (unlikely for most). The second is the actually customer service and business model which means things like communication, escalation to Stellantis and covering rental vehicles. I’m not sure these power brokers have any indication of being a better dealership than others. At least here in Phx the two locations that it seems everyone uses with success are not listed on there.

While I wish the power brokers were a sign of a definitively good dealer I can state that the Superstition Springs CDJR in Arizona listed on there is garbage. There are two issues that keep coming up concerning vehicle maintenance and warranty work. The first is quality / skill which perhaps this list helps with assuming that their tech turnover has created a massive skill and experience gap in their hands on staff (unlikely for most). The second is the actually customer service and business model which means things like communication, escalation to Stellantis and covering rental vehicles. I’m not sure these power brokers have any indication of being a better dealership than others. At least here in Phx the two locations that it seems everyone uses with success are not listed on there.
Same in Austin, been told by multiple forum members not to take it to a specific dealer here that happens to be listed as a power dealer.

My saga continues, more delays (I HAD to pursue as no one will provide them). Parts Manager called tonight (after I emailed a group noting it's been two days since the part was going to arrive and want my TRX done). He was actually helpful/full disclosure (including emailing me their internal request and new eta, now from the supplier (27th scheduled to arrive 'in transit' currently to their Stellantis distribution center in LA).

He listened to my 'best of' highlights (statements I was told about coolant smell being normal in all TRX's/etc) and the three visits/downtime, my amplified and constant efforts to extract new updates, now involving RAM Cares, the bizarre (lack of) tech notes confirming what diagnosis work had been done etc. Even their customer service rep. (who after our first chat won't return my requests for contact despite being copied on my emails too).

Definitely feel like he wants to help (no doubt separate himself/Parts dept.) from the other inactive participants having now been exposed to a partial email chain.

I'm calling RAM Cares in the am (as they too were told this past Monday for the radiator by the dealership) of the latest (now 3rd eta). I'm concerned that 'in transit' (from the supplier) could be further ETA dynamic and not carry much merit (or even be used when a part is on backorder). Just want 'Proof of Life' that 'in transit' doesn't mean something more vague like 'kinda swallow' (I digress, but it's 0115hrs!). Also if I have time in my work day - try and source a dealership that may have one ($167).

Honestly I would rather just take my TRX to a local speed shop I have a very long and successful history with... if this is what warranty (and potentially vehicle maintenance) is going to be like. Timely communication and resolution are paramount along with a respectful level of details/explanation when things go awry.

I now am sitting on multiple uncompleted surveys from RAM....as the Clash would say 'the future is unwritten" (for now).

Don't get much these days for $95k LOL

My saga continues, more delays (I HAD to pursue as no one will provide them). Parts Manager called tonight (after I emailed a group noting it's been two days since the part was going to arrive and want my TRX done). He was actually helpful/full disclosure (including emailing me their internal request and new eta, now from the supplier (27th scheduled to arrive 'in transit' currently to their Stellantis distribution center in LA).

He listened to my 'best of' highlights (statements I was told about coolant smell being normal in all TRX's/etc) and the three visits/downtime, my amplified and constant efforts to extract new updates, now involving RAM Cares, the bizarre (lack of) tech notes confirming what diagnosis work had been done etc. Even their customer service rep. (who after our first chat won't return my requests for contact despite being copied on my emails too).

Definitely feel like he wants to help (no doubt separate himself/Parts dept.) from the other inactive participants having now been exposed to a partial email chain.

I'm calling RAM Cares in the am (as they too were told this past Monday for the radiator by the dealership) of the latest (now 3rd eta). I'm concerned that 'in transit' (from the supplier) could be further ETA dynamic and not carry much merit (or even be used when a part is on backorder). Just want 'Proof of Life' that 'in transit' doesn't mean something more vague like 'kinda swallow' (I digress, but it's 0115hrs!). Also if I have time in my work day - try and source a dealership that may have one ($167).

Honestly I would rather just take my TRX to a local speed shop I have a very long and successful history with... if this is what warranty (and potentially vehicle maintenance) is going to be like. Timely communication and resolution are paramount along with a respectful level of details/explanation when things go awry.

I now am sitting on multiple uncompleted surveys from RAM....as the Clash would say 'the future is unwritten" (for now).

Don't get much these days for $95k LOL
It seems like now days lack of communication is always one of the biggest issues with many businesses. Makes a frustrating situation much more tolerable for the customer when the customer doesn't have to fight just to get basic info and updates. Only thing that seems to work is to stay on their butt like you are doing. Oh and document everything like you are doing.

Planting seeds at 47, 49, 51....whats the secret? lol
He gave his ole lady the middle finger when she asked him to get the ole snippity snip 19 years ago...then he found a new, younger lady who's biological clock was TICK TICK TICKING haha

It seems like now days lack of communication is always one of the biggest issues with many businesses. Makes a frustrating situation much more tolerable for the customer when the customer doesn't have to fight just to get basic info and updates. Only thing that seems to work is to stay on their butt like you are doing. Oh and document everything like you are doing.
Fortunately for a living (and past badge wearing career) I take insane notes (time stamps to statements/who was present/etc.) and detailed emails.

The totality/folder is over 1/2" thick already. It's just wearing an unnecessary, but this comedic chain of events and players created the perfect storm.

I just emailed them requesting that more probable coolant failure points (IC pump/SC bricks) be checked AND documented in the Tech notes, a radiator failure being such an anomaly among hundreds of fellow TRX owners.

Buying a Subaru, adopting a golden retriever and appearing happy like those people in their commercials seems appealing right now...

Planting seeds at 47, 49, 51....whats the secret? lol
I wish I had one, my body so broken and polluted by injuries/lifestyle and often 'not doing the right thing'.

I'm not religious but now feel some higher power has a sense of humor or perhaps necessity that one of my Toddlers will be of great influence in the distant future LOL!

He gave his ole lady the middle finger when she asked him to get the ole snippity snip 19 years ago...then he found a new, younger lady who's biological clock was TICK TICK TICKING haha
Divorce, then met my soulmate at age 43... truly like some sappy Hallmark - never really caring about anyone prior. Yes, did marry someone a dozen years younger and discovered we were extremely compatible for production! :)

Divorce, then met my soulmate at age 43... truly like some sappy Hallmark - never really caring about anyone prior. Yes, did marry someone a dozen years younger and discovered we were extremely compatible for production! :)
Amen my brother.....I get it 100%....I'm 61 with a 4yr old and currently working on number 2 now.....call me a cradle robber.

Back