2022 trx blown motor 9k miles

Rander2586

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 trx, 2019 th
So they have had my truck since the beginning of July with they call a "locked up motor". Ram is officially denying my warranty because they say I didn't get an oil change done. I provided receipts for the oil change service and they say it's not good enough, looking for some help or direction. I took it to the same place that has been doing my trackhawk oil changes for over a year. I'm pretty much done with all Chrysler products at this point. The worst part is I have and had multiple.(currently own : grand wagoneer, gladiator, wrangler and trx)

You know the answer, lawyer. We're talking about a $25k motor, my lawyer would be taking over. I hear ya on Stellantis (it's really not Chrysler anymore) products. I understand any product can have issues but when a company won't stand behind them, major issue.

Wow, that is a terrible predicament. So much down time too. I can’t imagine have such an expensive vehicle sitting at the shop for so long. I’d definitely be on the phone with my lawyer.

If it makes you feel better… I recently moved as far out of the city as I could so I purchased a used Prius to be a commuter miles sink. The motor popped after only 400mi. I paid for a replacement and that motor popped after 60mi. I’m waiting to get it back again.

So they have had my truck since the beginning of July with they call a "locked up motor". Ram is officially denying my warranty because they say I didn't get an oil change done. I provided receipts for the oil change service and they say it's not good enough, looking for some help or direction. I took it to the same place that has been doing my trackhawk oil changes for over a year. I'm pretty much done with all Chrysler products at this point. The worst part is I have and had multiple.(currently own : grand wagoneer, gladiator, wrangler and trx)
Receipts from a shop aren’t good enough proof? What else are they asking for? I do all my oil changes myself. If they aren’t accepting shop receipts how are diy’s supposed to be accepted.

My buddy had an eco diesel blow and had all receipts for doing it himself. He was originally denied. As soon as he asked for a sample of the oil so he can send it for an analysis and spoke to a lawyer, the claim was magically approved. An oil analysis will tell if it was changed and help determine cause of failure. In most these cases, they don’t even get into the engine, which means they have no idea what causes it. This is absolutely ridiculous and a real way to loose customers. Get your dealer to work for you and help get to a rep that is further up the chain. Also, get a lawyer and ask for an oil sample to send for analysis.

My buddy had an eco diesel blow and had all receipts for doing it himself. He was originally denied. As soon as he asked for a sample of the oil so he can send it for an analysis and spoke to a lawyer, the claim was magically approved. An oil analysis will tell if it was changed and help determine cause of failure. In most these cases, they don’t even get into the engine, which means they have no idea what causes it. This is absolutely ridiculous and a real way to loose customers. Get your dealer to work for you and help get to a rep that is further up the chain. Also, get a lawyer and ask for an oil sample to send for analysis.
I did an oil analysis and provided results. There's a high content of fuel in the oil. I also had the truck in the shop 700 miles before it blew up stating the fuel mileage was poor, the motor was making an unusual noise and the motor wasn't getting to operating temperature.

This is assuming you have ZERO mods to the engine. Not even an "incognito" pully, because if they dig into the computer they may be able to find the blower pressure delta. This also assumes the engine oil LEVEL was between the hash marks in the correct range and you didnt run it low on oil.

2X on hire the lawyer now, it will show you are serious and make sure you claim all your losses, loss of use, legal fees and anything else your lawyer can think of.
2X on engine oil analysis. Honestly, the new synthetic oils today have the capability to go 10K miles.
ALSO, tell your lawyer you want a Forensic Engineer to analyze the engine to determine the actual point of failure. Betcha $100 the FE will find a failed oil pump or other type failed oil delivery, or spun bearings.

I agree lawyer up with someone that'll fight for you ASAP!!!

This is assuming you have ZERO mods to the engine. Not even an "incognito" pully, because if they dig into the computer they may be able to find the blower pressure delta. This also assumes the engine oil LEVEL was between the hash marks in the correct range and you didnt run it low on oil.

2X on hire the lawyer now, it will show you are serious and make sure you claim all your losses, loss of use, legal fees and anything else your lawyer can think of.
2X on engine oil analysis. Honestly, the new synthetic oils today have the capability to go 10K miles.
ALSO, tell your lawyer you want a Forensic Engineer to analyze the engine to determine the actual point of failure. Betcha $100 the FE will find a failed oil pump or other type failed oil delivery, or spun bearings.
I've had a lemon law attorney on it since day one. Rams offer is 2k to go away and still not fixing the truck. I feel the dealer isn't representing me well and the attorney isn't asking the right questions. I need a better attorney. I've called around some attorneys tell me it's not worth it for them. If anyone knows the right attorney, please Share contact. I have spoken to the owner of the dealer I purchased if from and he doesn't understand why either.

I've had a lemon law attorney on it since day one. Rams offer is 2k to go away and still not fixing the truck. I feel the dealer isn't representing me well and the attorney isn't asking the right questions. I need a better attorney. I've called around some attorneys tell me it's not worth it for them. If anyone knows the right attorney, please Share contact. I have spoken to the owner of the dealer I purchased if from and he doesn't understand why either.
Keep calling attorneys. If you are calling contingency firms, they would not be interested because there is no large damages settlement. You will have to go out of pocket (hourly) for the attorney, might cost you $5K -$10K.

Dealer sold you down the river to Stellantis with their "analysis" of the damage. Stellantis is hinging EVERYTHING on what is told to them by the dealership. Now you have to counter with your Forensic Engineering report describing why the engine failed, signed and stamped by that firm.

You are likely looking for a Breach of Warranty attorney.
We have some attorneys on he forum, who should chime in.

Do you have a copy of the original report the dealer sent in ? thats one of the big things you need. But really be aware this will probably run over the cost of the motor in legal fees easy if it gets really nasty. I had a similar deal with a rear end in a 1 ton truck, first denied due to lack of service, after I sent in the receipts bam new rearend, BUT I had a GREAT dealer to work with....

Receipts from a shop aren’t good enough proof? What else are they asking for? I do all my oil changes myself. If they aren’t accepting shop receipts how are diy’s supposed to be accepted.
I have always have my Truck(s) serviced right at the dealership I bought them from. That way, they cannot pull this type of bull shit over on me.

Can they not test the oil in the engine to check it's age and to show you have had a recent oil change done?

Question when was the first oil change done ? how many miles ? Now really there is NFW the problem had anything to do with oil changes at this low a mileage and fuel in the oil to boot, rings, headgaskets, bad injector, intercooler leak etc most dealers dont know shit anymore on how to find the problem First thing to do is a leakdown test and check injectors ,then pull the heads, check the bores, but what do I know only building race engines for a living for 35+ years lol

I do my own oil changes also. I don't trust anyone else (even the dealer) to do them correctly. I keep my receipts for the oil/filter and also send an oil sample off to Blackstone for an analysis every time so I have additional proof it was done. I agree, if Rander2586 had a shop do the oil change prior to 6k miles and showed the dealership the receipt this shouldn't be an issue though.

I did an oil analysis and provided results. There's a high content of fuel in the oil. I also had the truck in the shop 700 miles before it blew up stating the fuel mileage was poor, the motor was making an unusual noise and the motor wasn't getting to operating temperature.
Why would they even question this. It sounds like there was definitely an issue that caused it. I would think you have a great chance to get this worked out but it may cost some time, hassle and lawyer fees. It’s too bad our legal system is so disfuntional. If an idiot burns themselves with a hot McDonald’s coffee lawyers line up for free to try and get a huge pay. When an actual person gets screwed by a contractor or something like this they don’t want to touch it.

Seems like you are working with Ram corporate through the dealer and already have an elevated case in the works. not sure if the forum @RamCares contact can get involved to help.

Seems like a bad dealer who is bottlenecking the warranty repair with the easy out of its the customers fault. I am 2k miles over my oil change line because every dealer around here is scheduling oil changes out 5 weeks still and I had to go on a road trip. They need to provide conclusive evidence and doesn't seem like they have. A strongly worded letter from an attorney would set the tone but honesty shouldn't even go that far. I'd find another dealer too.

I have always have my Truck(s) serviced right at the dealership I bought them from. That way, they cannot pull this type of bull shit over on me.
True, but there are risks leaving your vehicle in the hands of a dealership.

OP im sorry to hear this man!! I just recieved my Truck last week and man this scares me. I do all my oil changes on my cars and trucks and this is telling me im gonna have to bite the bullet and get the oil changes and routine services at the dealer so they dont ever try to pull this. Thats terrible customer service and honestly this truck will be my final Ram/Dodge product.

For reference i had my motor blow on my 2018 Suburban at 30k miles and got it towed to a dealer and even though i was pissed that it blew they took care of it no questions asked! Never asked about oil changes or anything! They warrantied the motor and had it back to me with in a week and paid for my rental which was another Suburban because i told them im a family of 5. That customer service from them locked me in for another suburban down the road! Rams truck sales declined Massively this year and i hope they really evaluate themselves and start putting the customer first! Good luck OP ill be rooting for you!!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back