2022 Raptor Confirmed to get V8 from GT500

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
It's about to be on!
From this report looks like the competition about to heat up for Ram. Apparently it was confirmed a couple days ago that the Ford Raptor will get the engine from GT500. And there may be a hybrid Raptor coming as well that use a version of the current 3.5L Ecoboost engine in a hybrid setup.

There will be a V6 Raptor in 2022 this year and then the V8 version to come by summer of 2022 based on the article...

Looks like clickbait to me. The raptor guys are not even talking about the article. Not saying it couldn't happen, but this would be a major restructure to the strategy to admit that the ecoboost was a mistake after all the effort of promotion and even putting it in their halo Ford GT. I would bet they would go the way of the hummer to try and compete.
Good thing is we have the redeye engine ready to go if they try anything!

In the same breath Ram wouldn't confirm the TRX was coming last year or that would have 500 or 700 HP either. Article was just published a couple days ago.
I think is a good reason why Ford is probably trying to rush to get a V8 in the Raptor because of the shadow game Ram played announcing the 700 HP TRX in August. And we can see the only reason they would consider putting a V8 in the Raptor is only because of the TRX. No way they would do a V8 if the TRX was only 500hp.

Hopefully in the next 6 months we'll get a big FU from Ford with possible a V8 Raptor for the TRX, Bronco Raptor for the Wrangler 392, and possible Ranger Raptor rumored to come with a V6

Last edited:
It's about to be on!
From this report looks like the competition about to heat up for Ram. Apparently it was confirmed a couple days ago that the Ford Raptor will get the engine from GT500. And there may be a hybrid Raptor coming as well that use a version of the current 3.5L Ecoboost engine in a hybrid setup.

There will be a V6 Raptor in 2022 this year and then the V8 version to come by summer of 2022 based on the article...
So glad I am dumping my 18 Raptor for the TRX. I suspect all the v6 Raptor values will be nose diving once their v8 comes out. The values may start to go down once the TRX hit the lots. Used truck values are through the roof now with the pandemic which has my Raptor value well above what I paid which is allowing me to upgrade to the TRX.

So glad I am dumping my 18 Raptor for the TRX. I suspect all the v6 Raptor values will be nose diving once their v8 comes out. The values may start to go down once the TRX hit the lots. Used truck values are through the roof now with the pandemic which has my Raptor value well above what I paid which is allowing me to upgrade to the TRX.
I don't think they'll make that many V8's like the GT500. They did like 5,000 units so maybe about the same there? I can only imagine the cost is going to be over 100k easy. GM has shown people will buy a 112k Hummer EV so why not a 100-110k V8 Raptor?

When I heard the test mule that was running around it sounded just like V6 that is in the Ford GT. So maybe a V6/V6 Hybrid Raptor that can go toe-toe with the TRX. And then a V8 Raptor that Ram could answer with a Redeye TRX.

Looks like clickbait to me. The raptor guys are not even talking about the article. Not saying it couldn't happen, but this would be a major restructure to the strategy to admit that the ecoboost was a mistake after all the effort of promotion and even putting it in their halo Ford GT. I would bet they would go the way of the hummer to try and compete.
Good thing is we have the redeye engine ready to go if they try anything!
Yep. Agree.

Idk, Ford lost me with the ecoBoost junk. Combine that with their Hybrid stuff, just not interested. LOL.

I heard the GT500 is going to be a limited offering on the next GEN Raptor with a premium price tag. I'd stick pick a TRX over it anyday.

Idk, Ford lost me with the ecoBoost junk. Combine that with their Hybrid stuff, just not interested. LOL.

I heard the GT500 is going to be a limited offering on the next GEN Raptor with a premium price tag. I'd stick pick a TRX over it anyday.
Ram’s new interior was a big selling point for me. We’ve already seen ford’s answer, and I’m not impressed. An extra 25 HP definitely isn’t going to sway me over. I was between a raptor and limited ram before I knew for sure the TRX was coming and was still leaning Ram. TRX made it a slam dunk.

Ram’s new interior was a big selling point for me. We’ve already seen ford’s answer, and I’m not impressed. An extra 25 HP definitely isn’t going to sway me over. I was between a raptor and limited ram before I knew for sure the TRX was coming and was still leaning Ram. TRX made it a slam dunk.
And that is why I picked up a Ram Rebel while I wait on my TRX....Ram is on-point with the interior and appearance factors, some of their tech stuff needs fine tuning.

I pray they got the rear window / third brake light leak issue solved for 2021 and for the TRX. That seems to be the biggest issue plaguing the Ram Truck platform right now.

And that is why I picked up a Ram Rebel while I wait on my TRX....Ram is on-point with the interior and appearance factors, some of their tech stuff needs fine tuning.

I pray they got the rear window / third brake light leak issue solved for 2021 and for the TRX. That seems to be the biggest issue plaguing the Ram Truck platform right now.
My 2013 ram 3500 also was plagued with the rear window third brake light leak issue.

Hope the TRX don’t inherit this issue

😑 who cares it's easy to make 1000hp with a hellcat engine with bolt ons and a tune and daily drive it. If it's anything like the GT500 we have nothing to worry about. They're not nearly as impressive as they were supposed to be LOL.

😑 who cares it's easy to make 1000hp with a hellcat engine with bolt ons and a tune and daily drive it. If it's anything like the GT500 we have nothing to worry about. They're not nearly as impressive as they were supposed to be LOL.
I both like it and hate it at the same time if the Raptor does get a V8.
I like it because that means we'll probably see a Redeye TRX version sooner than later
I hate it because it seems competition is driving the cost of these trucks upwards rather than downwards. I can see the new Raptor and Redeye TRX easily being 100k to get. Crazy trucks are getting into luxury car prices

I both like it and hate it at the same time if the Raptor does get a V8.
I like it because that means we'll probably see a Redeye TRX version sooner than later
I hate it because it seems competition is driving the cost of these trucks upwards rather than downwards. I can see the new Raptor and Redeye TRX easily being 100k to get. Crazy trucks are getting into luxury car prices
They are already there if you include the Hummer EV and LE edition of the TRX. $90k+ is luxury money to me

They are already there if you include the Hummer EV and LE edition of the TRX. $90k+ is luxury money to me
Trucks you can't buy and drive don't count 😂. In all seriousness it will be interesting to see what the electric trucks have to offer will they be real trucks or just novelties???

Yeah I know right. It's looking very pricy in the near future for off road trucks:
V6 Raptor was 54k MSRP base, could a V8 Raptor be 75k base?
Imagine the 12k markup that hellcats to redeyes see, could jump the TRX up to 82k base MSRP
Hummer EV Edition 1 112k MSRP but loaded with every option, 99k MSRP for EV3 which is basically a base Edition 1

Another updated article but they are still claiming the Raptor will have a V8 option and will be a 2022 model. I doubt Ford would confirm. They'll probably wait so Ram won't have enough time to have a Redeye TRX for 2022 just like Ram waited to tell everyone the TRX was 702 HP
1609965757470.png

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back