2022 Ram TRX latest info

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Going to leave this here for people to find incase they are trying to find the latest info. Remember this info is subject to change.
*7/25 first day of production for 2022.
*3 colors rumored to be added
*1 new version of the TRX rumored to be added to the lineup
*Non supercharged version to compete with the V6 Raptor
*No word on pricing yet. Expected to be near the Raptor V6 pricing
*No word yet on drivetrain. 2WD/4WD/AWD?

Order Guide

2022 Pricing & 2023 392/Redeye Mule?

Last edited:
Just the possibility of the destroyer gray now has me even more on the edge about getting a 21 hydro blue, and wait for a 22. Always loved how gray looks, and I've had a blue Raptor for 9 years....time for a change?! lol

Any further updates on timing or additional changes to the 2022?

The non-Supercharged version is it the 392 or 5.7 engine? Asking for a friend :), Not sure why Ram has not put the 392 in the 1500.

The non-Supercharged version is it the 392 or 5.7 engine? Asking for a friend :), Not sure why Ram has not put the 392 in the 1500.
In the video he mentioned that in 2022 there would be a TRX "lite" with the 6.4 (392) engine.

Yeah but that's 3 months old. You'd think we are only a month or 6 weeks from a reveal. Surprised there aren't more leaks

I would be sad about missing out on these things in a 2022, but the amount fun I’ve had in this truck is absolutely worth missing out on a color. If you’re on the fence, go ahead and jump

Appears most TRX forum members have owned a Raptor. The 392 version would siphon off even more loyal ford customers.

The newly released Gen3 Raptor pricing isn't much below the TRX. This is a great opportunity for RAM.

I'm thinking we haven't heard much about the 2022's because it may be a skipped year in terms of updates with the chip/part shortages, everything may get pushed to 2023. I could still see the 6.4 happening though since it's just a parts bin swap.

Price increases on the way. Over on the Jeep JL Wrangler forum folks with orders in are getting a $2k price increase. I’m hoping my window sticker shows up this week on my TRX and gets in under the wire if it becomes the norm for new orders.

I have seen 3 TRXs in the Chicago area drop their markups on their TRXs down to MSRP.

I am curious if supply is starting to meet the demand.

Maybe it is a dumb thing to wait for, but honestly Uconnect 5 is worth it. Being that it is a hardware upgrade and the older versions won't support it, that was enough for me.

And of course the colors helped.

Maybe it is a dumb thing to wait for, but honestly Uconnect 5 is worth it. Being that it is a hardware upgrade and the older versions won't support it, that was enough for me.

And of course the colors helped.
Won't we be able to upgrade the hardware in our 2021 to get the Uconnect 5 system? Might not be as cheap and easy as just a software flash, but as long as the 2022s still have the same layout (12" screen, hard button layout, etc), it should be the same as replacing a dead infotainment screen right?

Won't we be able to upgrade the hardware in our 2021 to get the Uconnect 5 system? Might not be as cheap and easy as just a software flash, but as long as the 2022s still have the same layout (12" screen, hard button layout, etc), it should be the same as replacing a dead infotainment screen right?
I don't think anyone knows this yet. They could change things wiring wise, which would make sense for having different hardware. I wouldn't expect plug and play, but maybe something that could be hacked together to work.

Since the infotainment systems are so deeply intermingled with the ECU it is doubtful you’ll be able to swap old for new. UConnect 5 is a new operating system that’s Android based vs. the older UConnect Blackberry based QNX system.

Appears most TRX forum members have owned a Raptor. The 392 version would siphon off even more loyal ford customers.

The newly released Gen3 Raptor pricing isn't much below the TRX. This is a great opportunity for RAM.

It does appear there are a lot of current or former Raptor owners here, not surprising as many of us have not been happy with the echoboost for years. However, I think the Bronco is going to take way more business away from Jeep than the 392 is going to take away from Ford.

The Gen 3 price list is out and ironically, a 2021 Raptor with 801a package and new 37 package alone, will MSRP at $80k, which is more than a TRX can be had for. I think Ford dropped the ball with the Gen 3 on a number of levels, which is certainly a great opportunity for Ram.

Since the infotainment systems are so deeply intermingled with the ECU it is doubtful you’ll be able to swap old for new. UConnect 5 is a new operating system that’s Android based vs. the older UConnect Blackberry based QNX system.
I'm thinking you'll be able to swap the radio module and if anything flash it to your truck. It probably won't be cheap.

Back