HOT! 2023 RAM TRACKER

tripleB

TRX Guru
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21' TRX 🦖
It was becoming overwhelming trying to keep up with the large number of VINs being posted all over both the RAM-TRX and 5thGEN Forums and the confusion of the 2021-2022 tracker/submission forms linked everywhere as well.

Here is a link to a new sheet for the 2023 year model with all current member submissions for both forums including links to their respective BS and WS if available. If you do not see your name listed please use the appropriate link at the top of the sheet (or below) to submit your info.

RAM TRACKER

TRX VIN SUBMISSION FORM

*NOTE* Your name will not show up immediately because I pull all submissions down to my local database for tracking and then refresh the public sheet from that data only when a match is found to a valid forum member name. If you have made a submission in the past and don't see it in the list its because the name you provided did not match any known member here on the forums.

FAQ

Can I track my truck with the VON?

You can track it yourself using the official RAM tracker now, if you have a copy of your POC.

How do I get my VIN?
Best source for your VIN is your dealer, typically within 3-4 days of your order being submitted and accepted you will have a VIN assigned (Status D). You can ask your dealer for a current copy of your Priced Order Confirmation (POC) which will include all available details of your order.

How do I find my current status?
You can check with your dealer, your status is also listed in the top right of your POC, or you can check with RamChat (link)
RamChat can be somewhat cryptic so based on their response you can infer your status if you have anything similar to the following.
  • D - ...scheduling phase of the manufacturing process...parts require to build the vehicle are being scheduled...
  • D1 - ...all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production...
What does status code ## mean?
See Below

*I am open to any and all suggestions for improvements*

Last edited:
Status Codes

The entire list is not necessarily in order, depending on your build you may skip a step or move up or down the list as required.

Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clear coated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
** BUILD SHEET BECOMES AVAILABLE**
JB – shipped to body vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, graphics etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

**WINDOW STICKER BECOMES AVAILABLE**

Transit Codes:
KZL – released but not shipped
KZM – first rail departure
KZN – first rail arrival
KZO – delayed/received
KZOA – plant hold, quality audit
KZOB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZOC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZOD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZOE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZOF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZOG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZOH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZP – Truck is sent offsite to a vendor location for shipping
KZR – First Move To Rail Station
KZS – Waiting on rail car
KZT – Second rail departure
KZU – Second rail arrival
KZY1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZY2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

ZA – Order Canceled (either by you or your dealer)

Last edited:
I added a US heat map for built trucks to date. Aside from Texas, which is very clearly in the lead, it appears to be a pretty even spread
(I initially created a world map to cover the other countries, but it wasn't very usable at that scale, so I reduced it to the US)
This is interactive if you go to the google doc to view it as well.

1634020489668.png

Last edited:
This is awesome! Thank you! Do you have any plans for adding stuff to the spreadsheet as trucks are built and shipped?

This is awesome! Thank you! Do you have any plans for adding stuff to the spreadsheet as trucks are built and shipped?
The sheet will be updated daily. Right now with member trucks, page 2 is for all trucks. I will continue to expand on the data for the trucks pulled from the build sheets.

Would like to hear what everyone else thinks is most useful to see though and will start with that

Wow TripleB, that is an incredible amount of detail and work. Much appreciated my friend!

Back