ORCowboy

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Raptor, 2022 Granite TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 BMW X5M Comp (wife’s ride)
I had the Eibach Pro-lift springs installed this past week and have had some time to offer a few thoughts. Figured I’d write up a bigger review since theres still limited info on the production setup.

For starters I’ve been on the fence about this change. Have had 13.5” 37’s since day two of owning my TRX and have had zero rubbing at the OEM offset. Looked great as is and really like the soft factory ride.

I’m originally coming from a Gen2 Raptor with Eibach / Deaver +3HD’s which were pretty stiff compared to factory. Very stiff compared to the TRX. Also have experience with Geisers which I also liked a lot but the Eibachs tended to be a little softer for everyday use. Had the Geisers measured 2.7 vs 3 on the front it would have been a tougher choice.

In this case I decided to take the leap with Eibach‘s full Pro-Kit 2.7” front and 1.5” rear with Foutz Panhard bar. 20” Methods with +18 offset. 37” 13.5” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. Best truck tire I’ve ever owned and only reason I went to 20 vs 18” wheels. Very happy I did, pics do not do the setup justice. They’re massive and MT aggressive in person, but have a nice smooth quiet ride in all conditions.

Height measured on flat surface to top of wheel wells (with 37” tires).
Before: 41.5 Front x 42.5 Rear (with 200lb gear in bed), 43” empty other than Retrax Pro
After: 43.25” Front x 43.5“ Rear (with 200lb gear), 43.5” empty other than Retrax (approx within a couple millimeters)

As you can see height change wasn’t as pronounced as you’d think with a 2.7x1.5 combo. I didn’t want anything resembling the ’over-lifted truck’, only looking to level the front and add a little more running room for fireroads out here without messing up the ride quality. And while I have an ADD Bomber bumper with lights it’s not much heavier than stock so should be a negligible difference. One note, while it’s only a couple hundred pounds, was very happy to see it hold the weight. Even Costco runs would give me the Carolina lean stock. Overall height / stance: perfect imo with the Pro-kit

Initial driving impression leaving the install. Feels pretty much the same as factory. Awesome since that was definitely not the case with the Raptors. Hit some railroad tracks and thought was that smoother than factory? Steering feels a little more precise.

Onto the highway and thats when I first thought, okay this is going to work. I can now say with a few hundred mlies under the belt that the highway ride with Eibach is smoother, and a legitimate upgrade from factory. Still has a little float which is a nice thing in this rig, but with a quicker spring response and improved tracking over joints and rough sections. Responds just as well to different modes with Auto and Custom (Baja) as my defaults. Highway: Win goes to Eibach

Street and back roads also feel really good. I’m only a few days in but aside from the added height I have to remind myself there was a change. As expected the Eibachs are a little stiffer / faster, so certain roads feel better than stock at times, other roads I feel the ruts and imperfections more, I think. Stock was so similar it’s tough for me to compare without running back to back. Street: I’ll give this a Tie

Rough back roads and unimproved gravel is very similar to street for me. In Baja the added softness soaks up the terrain as it should. I do feel certain rapid ruts more I think due to the added stiffness, but then the truck settles faster and the overall response feels more planted. Now I’ve only had limited time here at moderate speeds but a couple of the gravel fire and forest roads near me are rutted like you wouldn’t believe this time of year. Still felt very similar to factory and so far no bottoming out loud clunks like I would easily get on the Raptor when maxing out it’s suspension. But again, limited time here so dont use this as any kind of offroad review or expectation, it’s not - Rough Roads: A Tie for now

A few other notes:
Haven’t recalibrated height and not sure I’ll bother. Like it as is.
No warnings or issues even after extending the suspension to max
No issues with any cameras or sensors. All working fine, including front ADD bumper (Bomber install tip, make sure to mark your sensors at 12 o’clock for reinstall and they’ll work like factory)

For my needs, this upgrade was a big win. The silver springs look fantastic with the Bilsteins. The stance is perfect and the front end is an even bigger statement - terrifying is an understatement for the Prius. Love being able to see all the suspension components just walking up. But it‘s also a fairly subtle change overall. Doesn’t have that heavily lifted look that I was concerned could happen. Even the Raptors with lower Springs looked more lifted. Most importantly the ride for me is close to factory and in some cases better.

So many thanks to Eibach for taking their time to get this right. And to Rogue Off-road and Foutz for helping me make the best decision. They are awesome to work with!

Before:
EFD502DC-98FF-4E7C-B615-C6FDE1446361.jpeg
26B1900B-1687-47C8-9E41-2433A80740DB.jpeg
413244AD-5362-4ADA-9995-822C8EDC796A.jpeg
6CA54609-CC04-4FF3-B26D-EFBD37B5E8D6.jpeg
1832EBDC-E629-4C39-A60E-44C59E2700FE.jpeg

With Eibach Pro-lift

18030053-AB98-4434-ACB0-B0C7DD96B6E0.jpeg
765DAC59-2AA9-40ED-8CBA-76DB1DA63FB4.jpeg
725F7763-E135-47CB-B886-048332BC4C4A.jpeg
2D7FD2E2-7E40-44EC-B9A3-1C774B978648.jpeg
321A9396-F4B3-4D50-BA16-6E08675B5075.jpeg
D4E59855-B6F0-49D3-9FDD-3D02CDDDD8DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write up a detailed review! I also did Eibach front springs and Deaver +4 HD leafs on my 2019 Raptor and hated how much stiffer the ride was. I've been wanting to install lift springs on the TRX until I decide to install Kings, but I've been hesitant because I like how the truck rides now and do NOT want it to ride stiffer like the Raptor.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a detailed review! I also did Eibach front springs and Deaver +4 HD leafs on my 2019 Raptor and hated how much stiffer the ride was. I've been wanting to install lift springs on the TRX until I decide to install Kings, but I've been hesitant because I like how the truck rides now and do NOT want it to ride stiffer like the Raptor.
That’s part of why I decided to share these long thoughts. There’s a lot of us former Gen2 Raptor owners on here who’ve had that same experience. While I didn’t hate any of my suspension changes with the Raptor, I didn’t love the stiff ride at times either. I definitely didn’t want to repeat the same with the TRX and was prepared to pay to go back to stock immediately if I didn’t like the change. It’s just too nice of a ride factory.

I can say now that I have zero interest in going back and am looking more forward to driving the truck than anytime before.

Are those LP4's on A-pillar mounts? How do you like those compared to the LP6's in the bumper? I have LP6's behind the grill and love the light output.

Great truck, write up and comparison. There really should have been an option for stock 37's on our trucks but that's just me beating a dead horse.

Are those LP4's on A-pillar mounts? How do you like those compared to the LP6's in the bumper? I have LP6's behind the grill and love the light output.
Really like the LP4’s as A-pillars. Have always run XL80’s in that spot until now. Comparable enough light to the XL’s but with better light spread into the side ditches. Perfect addition to the LP6’s adding more downrange height. I also prefer how they look and the added amber backlight is a nice feature. You’ll want to grab the IPT covers for the inside lens when running the spots

0F3BD17B-42B6-45F6-B480-A4DB0396375E.jpeg
1AD1B3AC-673A-4507-A6BE-EA2CC937703A.jpeg

Great truck, write up and comparison. There really should have been an option for stock 37's on our trucks but that's just me beating a dead horse.
Agreed which is why I swapped them out day 2. Actually within 12 hours of getting the truck! Unlike the gen2 Raptor, the TRX does fit 37’s with the OEM offset without any other modifications. I put 13.5’s on with an aggressive tread pattern and zero rubbing. Read sometime back that they designed the truck to handle 37’s but then for whatever reason didnt introduce them. Not sure if that’s accurate but can attest they fit fine. Last two pics are from before the Eibach Pro lift.

Thank you so much for the write up! I pulled the trigger on the Eibach pro lift last week! I was very nervous about this decision, as I didn’t really see/hear anything other than reviews of just the front leveling springs (1.6”).Im super excited to get my lift springs in now! Hopefully, I can get them installed by the end of this week or beginning of next! Had to call several shops just to find someone that actually had them in stock! Thanks again!

Out of curiosity, why did you run the adjustable pan hard bar? Was this absolutely necessary? Or just preference? Should I plan on purchasing one as well, for the same setup on my truck?

Out of curiosity, why did you run the adjustable pan hard bar? Was this absolutely necessary? Or just preference? Should I plan on purchasing one as well, for the same setup on my truck?
Thanks WhiteTRX. While they had prototypes in the wild last year there hasn’t been much to work from since. Best of luck with your install this week and hope you like the changes too.

For the panhard bar, I did it because i just wanted everything done at once for alignment. Id suggest talking with the folks at Foutz and that sold you the Eibach kit. My understanding by the way is that most are not adding the panhard for this size lift. It was just added peace of mind for me.

Thanks for the write up saves me the time of having to type all that up on my phone. I agree 💯 with your assessment. I forgot I measure my before but my after is 42.75 front and rear. I’m still running the stock BL and tires. Got mine from k&N speed now 797performance during the Eibach discount timeframe. I was on the fence and almost went back to the level spring. But after getting the lift on im very pleased my shop knocked in out for me same day with alignment and I’m not running a Panhard bar but I’m intrigued on possibly doing it see how it makes a difference and I didn’t do anything for ride height sensors and it’s all good. I’ll get mine washed up this weekend and get it posted in the what have you done to you TRX running post.

Mine got installed today… I have to say I’m ecstatic with the result. Truck seems perfectly level front to back. TBH I didn’t measure the before and after… should have…. But the lift is frankly just right… not overwhelmingly high, and with 37s frankly this is how it should have been from the factory.

I can corroborate that all the hyper sensitive sensor issues with ADD bumpers are resolved. They are back to “stock” sensitivity. Based on an hour of driving around town.

As far as “the feel” it’s what I would describe as a subtle improvement. The change is not dramatic, but it feels “tighter” in all the right places.

Finally can easily clear 38x13.5s I would not be surprised if 40s didn’t fit with ease:

I’m running 37x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM Beadlocks.

IMG_1314.jpeg
IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

Mine got installed today… I have to say I’m ecstatic with the result. Truck seems perfectly level front to back. TBH I didn’t measure the before and after… should have…. But the lift is frankly just right… not overwhelmingly high, and with 37s frankly this is how it should have been from the factory.

I can corroborate that all the hyper sensitive sensor issues with ADD bumpers are resolved. They are back to “stock” sensitivity. Based on an hour of driving around town.

As far as “the feel” it’s what I would describe as a subtle improvement. The change is not dramatic, but it feels “tighter” in all the right places.

Finally can easily clear 38x13.5s I would not be surprised if 40s didn’t fit with ease:

I’m running 37x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM Beadlocks.

View attachment 96593View attachment 96596

View attachment 96597
Appears you got Ruby Red like off the Raptors or close to it? looks nice on the black wish I had the patience to do mine in Red to match my truck. So are you going to move up to 38x13.5 on the stock BL wheel?

Appears you got Ruby Red like off the Raptors or close to it? looks nice on the black wish I had the patience to do mine in Red to match my truck. So are you going to move up to 38x13.5 on the stock BL wheel?
Mazda Soul Red (No Ford Color here 😭) is the paint, powdercoat is Candy Red.

Maybe once it’s time to replace these ones. TBH I was gun shy on the tires with so many claiming major rub… but there is a ton of space for what is a modest lift.

@ORCowboy did you run 37s on the stock beadlocks? do you have a pic?
I didn’t, switched to Methods the day after getting the truck. But JBTRXNJ shows how great that looks here in the thread. Numerous comments in here that share both stock wheels fit 37’s no problem. I can attest to that with my setup with the +18 offset and larger 37’s. Plenty of room.

Back