1000 mile update of my TRX, few gremlins, few mods, lots of smiles.

M22

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Mclaren
First, Love the truck. The H&K sounds beautiful and over all I am very happy with my purchase....that said, there are some electronic gremlins that are going to need to be address. Some just irritating others more troubling.

The auto high beams not working right and will not let me override on a dark road.
Neither seat heaters are working.
The 12" screen deciding on its own day or night to switch to dark of bright. When it turns to white at night it makes it hard to see out of the windshield.
Switching between Bluetooth mid song or worse while on the phone switching between the truck and the phone is super irritating.
The Media not changing the channel image as the image on the screen is frozen, and though the touch screen buttons work, they do nothing.
Sometimes the driver's side speakers decide to stop working, on the whole driver's side. Shut the truck off and it goes back to normal.
The most concerning. Every time I start the truck it adds one mile to the OD. That is a weird one. Told my friend and he didn't believe me, until he saw it with his own eyes and is now dumbfounded.

That said the mods I have done will not affect the things above and all of the touches I added I would recommend. The SLP straight pipe. No droning, quiet when you want it to be and "Mean" when you stomp the go pedal. The decals, a local guy made for me reasonably inexpensive. The painter calipers, tow hooks and emblems really look great against the white (IMHO). Can't believe FST-TRX was still available as a vanity plate....so I grabbed it! Next additions will be the incognito pulley and then the bedside organizers. I will wait to do the pulley till after the warranty work.

Attachments

• muffler.jpg
    muffler.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 49
  • muffler1.jpg
    muffler1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 43
  • muffler2.jpg
    muffler2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 43
  • muffler4.png
    muffler4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • muffler3.png
    muffler3.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 42
  • muffler5.jpg
    muffler5.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 42
  • muffler6.jpg
    muffler6.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 40
  • muffler7.jpg
    muffler7.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 39

Ducc

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
That's a solid handful of gremlins. Great to hear your enjoyment of the truck offsets them. Hope you can get them ironed out though - bet it would be that much more fun.

Reactions: M22

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
I've read many posts since the 5th gen ram was 1st introduced, where people thought their truck was adding mileage when they started the truck. Up to this point, every instance was simply the odometer rolling when truck powers up. Its animation, not actually adding mileage. If yours is actually adding a mile every time, give the truck back to the dealer and get a new one. Speaker cutout could be your navigation attempting to talk to you, but the nav volume is set to off, so you do not actually hear anything, but the speakers cut out while the muted voice prompt is active. Not saying its your case, but could be the issue. The other stuff, dealer. Auto High Beams can be selected off in Settings BTW.

KingTuck

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
Did you try hard resetting the Infotainment/ Unconnect?

I had issues with Unconnect 5, screen freezing, Bluetooth issues, Apple CarPlay etc. I did a hard reset and Walla shit worked away, no further issues.

To hard reset press down the center of both knobs I believe it’s the volume and radio tuner for 10 seconds. Not sure if it would cure your other problems but who knows.

• Love
Reactions: M22

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Supercharged Challenger R/T+ / 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Current Ride #2
2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide
Sounds awesome!!!

. . . but man! I sure do hate electrical gremlins :alien::poop:

Bittersweet to be sure.