1 month with the trx , here is my take

RR305

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
so guys it's been a month already,
i have put a glorious 800 miles on the truck since my initial 1100 mile road trip. what can I say this truck is large and in charge. I came from a 2017 ram rebel I had the unique opportunity to be able to swap trucks back and forth from the rebel to TRX in the same day and I wanna give you guys my feedback. My rebel is equipped with the airbag suspension and has been the best riding (car like) truck I have ever owned and I'm here to say it still is. i noticed small bumps in the road get soaked up so well most of time there are not noticble when changing lanes and running over the reflectors you cant feel them, in comparison to the trx I feel like its a bit more bummpy in the small stuff cracks on the road, the reflectors minor stuff i can say the air suspension in the rebel is best. my wife has also made the same accusations from the passenger seat. now i do notice when I'm on the highway traveling fast over 60 mph and come across a bump the trx is smoother, going from asphalt to a concrete bridge doing 80 mph the trx feels smooth and you get a mini jolt in the rebel. so the trade-off is in the slow minor stuff..
FUEL MILAGE
it's not fair to compare fule milage but this truck will be my daily now once I get rid of the rebel, I am averaging about 12.9 mpg in the rebel on screen in my usual route and well I'm not proud to say but my current average in the TRX is 8.4MPG:p full tank reads 275 range.. I have always pumped 93 in the rebel so at least that is constant.
i do have some minor complaints on the trx , I have noticed and will get a video I want you guys to check it out as well on your trucks. the panel in the interior where you adjust the height of the seat belts on both driver and passenger side is loose and have a lot of movement if you push on them, i ran to my rebel and did the same push on the panel and its firm and sturdy it doesn't give. so in the trx it feels cheapy like it might be missing clips or something ill have to post pic or video to show you guys what I mean. you guys know about my leaky axel boot so i don't need to go deep on that 1.
My truck is definitely making that noise on startup that others have complained but it goes away within 30 sec to a min. i don't mind since 100% of the time I do a remote start and by the time i get to the truck its quiet.
my sunroof has had a couple of drops of water come in when I do a high-pressure touchless wash at a gas station. I barely fit in and the high-pressure nozzle was inches from the glass. I'm sure in any ford or gm no water would ever get in any wash but hey it only happens at this 1 wash. I have gone through another 3 different washes to test it and I believe its something to do with the extreme pressure so close to the glass in this 1 station. I'm not even gonna bother the dealer with this problem
sometimes my TRX pages literally takes minutes to boot up.
the steering wheel plastic trim on the flat part makes plastic sounding noises when I grab the steering wheel on the lower part. sounds cheapy.
i wish the transmission had a firm shift like my hellcat charger in sport mode, the transmission shifts are very smooth and that's good but if you ever felt a hellcat on race mode it smacks you into the seat.

now to the good stuff, this thing is like an exotic car. wherever it's parked people will take pictures and stop by the truck to just look at it. the sound is amazing way louder than the hellcat but not too loud where it's annoying. the cabin is so good once all the windows are up it's silent. I'm blown away by the interior of this truck by far hands down the nicest truck on the inside I have ever owned.

this thing is bigger than a raptor in the pics is my buddies raptor on 37s
IMG-20210210-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20210210-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20210210-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20210210-WA0017.jpg
a comparison with the rebel
20210126_133824.jpg
20210126_133922.jpg

Last edited:
"my sunroof has had a couple of drops of water come in when I do a high-pressure touchless wash at a gas station. I barely fit in and the high-pressure nozzle was inches from the glass. I'm sure in any ford or gm no water would ever get in any wash but hey it only happens at this 1 wash. "
20210124_140627.jpg
20210124_140620.jpg

"you guys know about my leaky axel boot so i don't need to go deep on that 1."
20210205_082927.jpg

** also i wish when you approach something and the sensors in the front bumper go off to warn you that the surround camera would automatically turn on.. like how the Cadillac escalade does.
that is 1 feature i would truly appreceate I find myself stopping first and switching on the camera on. if it did it everytime the sensors would go off i would feel much more comfortable

*** i hope someone @ ram sees this does an update :p

Awesome truck! I’m happy those issues haven’t ruined the overall experience for you. I’ve had 3 Rams over the years and there’s always been some weird squeak, vibration or odd quirk in every single truck I’ve owned (luckily no leaks or failed CV boots). The price point on these vehicles you’d hope they’d have worked a lot of that out. First run / model year woes ...seems there’s always the risk of issues. I was watching TFL truck and saw the issues those guys were having with their first run new Defender. It’s unfortunately not just isolated to just Ram /FCA

** also i wish when you approach something and the sensors in the front bumper go off to warn you that the surround camera would automatically turn on.. like how the Cadillac escalade does.
that is 1 feature i would truly appreceate I find myself stopping first and switching on the camera on. if it did it everytime the sensors would go off i would feel much more comfortable

The graphic on the 7 inch configurable screen Showing a silhouette of the truck and which sensors are going off isn’t enough to show you what you might hit?

The graphic on the 7 inch configurable screen Showing a silhouette of the truck and which sensors are going off isn’t enough to show you what you might hit?
It's enough until you remember you have a 360 over head view.
The 7 inch screen is like the black key, knowing you have 12 inch overhead view is the red key. 😋

When I go in reverse it automatically turns on 360 view . Wish it was the same on approach

It's enough until you remember you have a 360 over head view.
The 7 inch screen is like the black key, knowing you have 12 inch overhead view is the red key. 😋

When I go in reverse it automatically turns on 360 view . Wish it was the same on approach
I’ve never owned a vehicle before with 360° camera views how accurate is the camera when it is showing you parking lot lines and where the truck is? There is a really nice review on YouTube of the ram 2500 power wagon which I believe is significantly bigger than the TRX and the 360° camera system made parking a cinch I was really surprised. Ram also came out with a parallel and park assist on the 2020 ram 1500 I saw demonstration of that it was quite incredible to see this truck being able to back into a spot by itself pretty impressive

I’ve never owned a vehicle before with 360° camera views how accurate is the camera when it is showing you parking lot lines and where the truck is? There is a really nice review on YouTube of the ram 2500 power wagon which I believe is significantly bigger than the TRX and the 360° camera system made parking a cinch I was really surprised. Ram also came out with a parallel and park assist on the 2020 ram 1500 I saw demonstration of that it was quite incredible to see this truck being able to back into a spot by itself pretty impressive
its kind of like one of the things you never knew you needed until you try it.. then nothing else compares

its kind of like one of the things you never knew you needed until you try it.. then nothing else compares
Yeah. This feature is pretty boss. In other cars it has been very accurate

Also coming from a 2017 Rebel with air bag suspension. Rebel had 95k when sold..

"my sunroof has had a couple of drops of water come in when I do a high-pressure touchless wash at a gas station. I barely fit in and the high-pressure nozzle was inches from the glass. I'm sure in any ford or gm no water would ever get in any wash but hey it only happens at this 1 wash. "View attachment 4757View attachment 4758
FYI, I have a client that owns several automatic car washes and does not recommend putting a vehicle of this size thru the automatic car wash. It gets too close to the spray nozzles, and can easily jump the track guides. Like a dually truck, you need to use the manual wash.

"my sunroof has had a couple of drops of water come in when I do a high-pressure touchless wash at a gas station. I barely fit in and the high-pressure nozzle was inches from the glass. I'm sure in any ford or gm no water would ever get in any wash but hey it only happens at this 1 wash. "View attachment 4757View attachment 4758
My 2020 Raptor does that as well as my 2019 F-250. Think it’s just an issue with that much glass. I’ll take the couple drops over no panoramic sunroof.

Also coming from a 2017 Rebel with air bag suspension. Rebel had 95k when sold..
great truck, no other truck will be as smooth going over slow speed potholes. mine has 5x,xxx miles maybe in the 60s now.
FYI, I have a client that owns several automatic car washes and does not recommend putting a vehicle of this size thru the automatic car wash. It gets too close to the spray nozzles, and can easily jump the track guides. Like a dually truck, you need to use the manual wash.
I haven't got the truck washed since purchase I only use the touchless washes to blast off bugs. once i do the paint correction and protection film ill be doing all my own washes.

Sometimes hard to detect, but if you listen closely as the sensor goes off, it will play the beeping noise from the speaker on the side of the truck that the obstruction is detected on. It also gives different tones depending on what it's detecting, stationary vs moving objects.

Great feedback, thanks.

Back