"0" availability for the carbon fiber package?

Bamm-Bamm

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
My dealer just informed me that to pick up my order (which was 10/03/2020) they had to take off the carbon fiber package , mind you without my input. Anyone know anything about this, or details of other instances and when the package will become available? I am not good with that.

My dealer just informed me that to pick up my order (which was 10/03/2020) they had to take off the carbon fiber package , mind you without my input. Anyone know anything about this, or details of other instances and when the package will become available? I am not good with that.
What!? Did you already have a VIN? They changed it without asking you?

That's not cool, it should be your choice if you want to wait out a constraint or make the change to get the truck sooner.

More and more available trucks are popping up every day on the forum. If you can, keep your order as is and if something available pops up make the switch.

email leaked last week they have 0 supply in some parts and are making people remove them from their builds

So did the DEALER make that call or did the FACTORY make that call? Sounds more like dealer bullshite to me...

...not that the factory doesn't have their share of bullshite going on though

When I chatted with FCA on 1/13, they told me I had a VIN (3058) based off my VON and name, address, email, etc., then today is the first I have heard from the dealer in quite a while, with that news. Something doesn't add up.

I ordered 10/6 and dealer told me carbon fiber and bead locks were on constraint and to not order them if I wanted to get a truck built.

So did the DEALER make that call or did the FACTORY make that call? Sounds more like dealer bullshite to me...

...not that the factory doesn't have their share of bullshite going on though
I bet the dealer made the call and decided they would take the allocation and sell the truck if buyer doesn't want it and hopefully get another allocation if and when they can get the ordered TRX. In their minds, they don't want to lose an allocation and sale.. refusing the change they think they lose both. When making such a decision, they are not thinking about the specific customer.

That said, I understand not being okay with how this went down.

What is the matter with FCA? Are they scared to make money? Are they really surprised over the popularity of their super truck? They should rename the company pfizer, everyone wants what there selling but somehow they can’t make enough even though they had time too. FCA or FML?

They better hurry up before sleepy joe puts this ride on the eco chopping block!

Figlio di puttana!

1611807711910.png

I've been messaged by double digit people who were told told to switch to black/remove carbon/beadlocks or their order will be dropped or delayed to September...

These are March and later people right?
Yepper thats what it says but at least the people that have been pulled are notified if they need to change something in order to get back on the schedule. So I feel safe for us that went D1 recently they have the parts.

So maybe the people pulled were March builds but who knows since Ram is awesome at telling people their build weeks

When did you say I could get my hands on a new Raptor again?
I'm searching starting tomorrow for an MSRP allocation. I'm going to have both trucks, film with them, and maybe trade in one of them for the Hummer EV coming next year or keep all 3 depending on my Youtube channel growth.

But Feb 3rd is when the Raptor is getting unveiled

I'm searching starting tomorrow for an MSRP allocation. I'm going to have both trucks, film with them, and maybe trade in one of them for the Hummer EV coming next year or keep all 3 depending on my Youtube channel growth.

But Feb 3rd is when the Raptor is getting unveiled
I reached out to a handful of dealers today and they all told me they had no idea there was a Raptor unveil on the 3rd and a few said there wouldn't be a Raptor until 2022 model year lol. I sent them the link to the press release and it was news to them.

But the leaked order guide only shows a v6 so fingers crossed. Also hunting for an MSRP dealer and a new Ford dealer all together.

My vehicle was unexpectedly allocated to my dealer in Q3 of September. That's how I was able to secure one, because it was unexpected and I was next in queue at my dealer. Anyway, there was no VIN assigned to it, but the build was done by RAM, so there was no option for me to change anything. The vehicle has every option available except for carbon. At the time, it didn't make sense. Why offer everything but the carbon? Just seemed odd to omit that one thing.

The dealer later told me that CF wasn't available, and to wait for it would have cause more of a delay, so Ram decided to start building them without it.

So, to answer your question, it's not surprising. The only difference is, my vehicle vehicle was already built, so I didn't have a say. In your case, it sounds like you built your vehicle, so they should have contacted you to give you the option. (Wait longer or forego the CF)

Back